November 22, 2017, 02:18:10 AM

Author Topic: 3d course's  (Read 6187 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Re: 3d course's
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 07:49:48 AM »
might just give it a try. thanks
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 01:30:07 PM »
i think you'll find it a little challenging but when that monster buck steps out you'll have the confidence of pulling the best shot you can make because you practiced throughout the summer on the foam monster bucks :)

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 01:46:24 PM »
thanks, but i do shoot every day in back yard at my 3d targets and two arrow blocks. thats why i know about filling up holes. (holes in targets) $$$$$. but i only use broadheads, and i do allot of testing of broadheads that are new on the market . i.e  plywood / 2x4 / and old meat from the butcher. rib's / rump-roast about anything thay give me. the wife does not like this but a'm having fun. and i get some good feed back. and now that i'm on this site i will start to ,post my finding's for you guys. if you care if not o-well.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 06:11:25 PM »
what's the verdict on spitfires?

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2006, 06:41:04 PM »
  xp pro are org-spitfire. nap never has made a bad broadhead. i have tested both of them and they shoot nice and hit hard for a 3 blade mechanical and with snap-locking blade retention sys- no problem with premature opening on target. as for plywood test they did well. like any blades in the 0.15 - 0.20 thick range after 3 to 4 shots into the plywood the system starts to break down. so in closing a good choice and buy. but if you like fixed blades to try some nap crossfires

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 09:56:05 PM »
i'd rather use a muzzy but i don't even spend that much time tuning my competion bow.  i use the spitfires for that reason.  screw them on and your ready to go.  i wasted to much time with the muzzies trying to get them to group.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 10:07:32 AM »
 have you every used nap-thunderheads they have been around a long time and never fail. only thing i don't like about them is when they have reached the target they drop off the radar. ( lets say you are shooting out to 20yd but the target is 22yd they just drop at that 20 to 21 yd mark. with some newer stlye broadheads they will give you that  1-2 more yd's.. now with a faster bow say 260 ibo and up thay might get to the target. i hope you under stand what i'm saying sometimes i know what i want to say but ??/.  but after all this i think if the broadheads that have worked for you over the years then no need for chg-

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »
that's what i mean about tuning your broadheads they  shouldn't do that if there tuned right . you should be able to shoot the broadheads a 100yds and the should fly like a feild point if there  tuned well.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2006, 09:19:03 AM »
i no what you mean , i guess I'm not saying it right. the new bh's just give you that extra bump to target if we hunters under est-the distance. just my thougt;s

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 07:02:18 PM »
good thought

Facebook Comments