November 20, 2017, 02:11:58 PM

Author Topic: help allen  (Read 1638 times)

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
help allen
« on: April 05, 2006, 09:57:13 PM »
I have a problem that maybe some of you can help me out with.  My problem is, is that i have a hard time trusting my pin or dot when i shoot 3d or indoor targets.  What i mean is, when i'm in the process of aiming i look at the target then look back at my pin or dot and i do that throughout the shot which is wrong.  what i should be doing is trust that where i'm looking is where my arrow is going to go kind of like istinctive but with a sight.  I shoot good scores but i think i can i'll have better scores by trusting my shot.  any help.  Thanks

Allen

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: help allen
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 07:11:32 AM »
dont look at the horns allen (LOL... ;D ) anyways...I do the same thing to make sure my shot is well proportioned to the front legs ...then again I dont shoot for competion...just piece of mind...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 05:21:14 PM »
i feel its more of a mental thing than anything physical.  i shoot both eyes open left eye dominate but shoot with a blinder.  i need to gwet it in my head that the arrow is going to go where i'm looking.  but that is the hard part.  you would think with all that extra room in there it would be easy.  just another thing i need to work on..

allen

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 11:45:48 PM »
Allen I try not to think at all about the shot.I pull and release when the peep and pin hit the target where I would like to hit.

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2006, 03:40:39 PM »
that's what i'm working on now i need to trust the shot and execute the shot.  i shot last night in the back yard it seems to be going ok 

Allen

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 06:31:28 PM »
do you let the pin just float around are do you try and hold the pin in place then release. i dont know if this will help but i used to try and hold . then i was told to let pin float then release. then after a cup-of day"s  i started to get on target and then close my eye's then release the arrow did that for about a week every day. and  i aim at target and let it fly and hit pretty good. think it taught my mind to relax right before shot. give it a try ( just use old arrow's first time you shoot with eye's closed) i use a trigger release (truefire). p.s i got the tip at deer camp from  fl 3d -shoot champion.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 10:30:07 PM »
i have no problem when hunting,  i had notice it when i shot in 3d tournements what i did now that help me out tremendously was put a  circle on my lens which let me look staight threw the sight and directly at the target holding steadier and shooting much better

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 08:01:13 AM »
good luck and happly shooting, sounds like your hooked on 3D. cool
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 01:27:53 PM »
i love it can't shoot them enough

Facebook Comments