December 13, 2017, 12:04:56 PM

Author Topic: Game Dinner  (Read 1147 times)

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
Game Dinner
« on: April 11, 2006, 03:14:06 PM »
Had a great game dinner the other night at our club. We had 125 people show up. And I must say it felt very good to have my name brought up to be thanked for donating the venison. I did donate 8 deer to the club last year so they gave me 2 free tickets. There was enough venison for every one to have a big slice of meatloaf and a bowel of venison stew. I was so glad to help and to share what the lord provided me with. I hope he looks on me this year and lets me have juist half the season I had last year.                       Mike

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: Game Dinner
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 03:34:36 PM »
Sounds like you injoyed the dinner, congrats on the succesful season. Maybe the Vension gods will bless you again.  O0
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 06:23:55 PM »
Way to go! O0

Here in Georgia we have a thing called "Hunters For The Hungry" and I've donated at least one deer a year over the past 7 seasons and it really does make you feel good knowing the food is going to people who need it and are thankful for it.

Being a single guy there's only so much venison I can keep, and when I was told about this program, I looked into it first to make sure it was on the up and up. It really is and I've seen the people who get the meat and they're not your welfare bums, the children especially choke you up. They're just regular folks who've had a bit of bad luck and are down but not out. What you're doing is giving them a hand up and not a hand out.

See if they have something similar in your state. I bet they do becasue it's a national program.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 01:36:17 PM »
Ya know the Hunters for the Hungry was a good Idea but I have got to tell ya I work as a Correction Officer in one of our State prisons. And these inmates are animals themselves throwing fices and urine at me is not all that uncommon.  And when you go to these programs half of the people receiving gifts are ex-cons. So I just can't see myself donating good venison today to the same animals that did that to me last week. I rather leave it lie and rot.  But thats just me.            Mike

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 05:07:49 PM »
Oh well.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 08:42:39 PM »
Ya know the Hunters for the Hungry was a good Idea but I have got to tell ya I work as a Correction Officer in one of our State prisons. And these inmates are animals themselves throwing fices and urine at me is not all that uncommon. And when you go to these programs half of the people receiving gifts are ex-cons. So I just can't see myself donating good venison today to the same animals that did that to me last week. I rather leave it lie and rot. But thats just me. Mike

I can completely understand your view of this. It's just like when I lived in Salt Lake City, UT. I'd walk down the street and see these men without legs, holding signs claiming to be Vietnam Vets and I'd usually give them whatever spare change I had on me. The, one day I decided to follow one and see if he was on the up and up. I happened to walk by once where he couldn't see me, and I saw him counting a stack of bills 4" thick. I don't care if those were ones or twenties, I could tell he didn't have any need for my spare change. At first I was really mad at the guy, and decided not to give to any of these "con artists." But then I remembered something a wise man once said. He said that if you give what you have to 10 men and only 1 of them really needed it, then you've done well in God's eyes. The blessings you receive for giving to the 9 con men is no less than what you receive for giving to the 1 who truly needed it. After this life, the 9 con men will have to repay the debt. So, if in order to feed the 1 you must first feed the 9, it shouldn't matter. The 1 was fed and the 9 will have to repay. It's a win-win all around, as far as I'm concerned.

Not trying to sound preachy, but reading your post made me remember my Salt Lake experience. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 10:10:29 PM »
well now of course you also gotta look at the ex cons, they are out they probably aint the ones that are tossing stuff at you, its the ones still in there thats doing it, they will be there for a long time too. if you are going to help out people who are down on thier luck, then you should do so with no thought behind it, you are not going to help someone who needs it just because he screwed up before? maybe you standing there while he got his deer meat is the thing that turns him. maybe not... i give what i can when i can and thats all i can say
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments