November 20, 2017, 02:12:43 PM

Author Topic: how's the shooting??????  (Read 1886 times)

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
how's the shooting??????
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:06:57 PM »
just wanted to check on everybody to see how you've been shooting???  been to a couple 3d's did pretty well the national tourny's are coming up that's the real test.  keep in touch.

Allen

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: how's the shooting??????
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 07:12:14 PM »
just wanted to check on everybody to see how you've been shooting???  been to a couple 3d's did pretty well the national tourny's are coming up that's the real test.  keep in touch.

Allen
good luck to ya allen hope ya "stick em good"!!  remember pointy side goes forward buddy  O0
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:45:36 PM »
thanks for the support. i figured out the pointy end goes first, now only if i could keep them in the middle is the hard part. :)

Offline Morax

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 09:48:53 PM »
thanks for the support. i figured out the pointy end goes first, now only if i could keep them in the middle is the hard part. :)

well i cant do everything for ya bud! hahah  your shoots are they strickly the "standard 3d targets or well i will say this i have heard from my brother in law they do a "fun 3d" where they use stuffed animals of various sizes for targets?

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 06:14:01 PM »
no, it's the real 3d targets.  the local shoots are mainly for fun and good practice.  you win a shirt or a free shoot some places and a little respect if you win a couple.  the national tournements you could win money depending on where you finish.  these are taken alittle more seriously.  it would be nothing to have 300 to 400 shooters just in the class that i shoot in. its the real deal.

Offline Morax

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 07:07:08 PM »
well i figured there was the "real" ones but i didnt know if ya did the others as well good deal.... and since its been swirling in my head for couple days,     just what does a 3D look like, i know what double ds look like but...  :shock: i know sad but hey its raining here, nothing better to do

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 11:09:47 AM »
once a year my father in law and his recurve buddies set up a course with stuffed animals and put them out around 500-700yds and shoot the course like a golf course, its pretty neat.  i'm into the recurve thing but they have arrows made for different yardages that fly the farthest some of them take it pretty serious.  pretty funny, i wish i had dd to look at  :sad: its raining here also no shooting today.

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 06:17:50 PM »
allen did i read post right 500 to 700 yard's, i would pay to see that.  my self i shoot my bow every day to keep in shape. never shot in a 3d t- ment looks like fun. but back to accy i'm good out to 50yd and if condition's ware right have a pin set at 70yd and could make the shot 9 out of 10 times ???. like what im been reading at this site all you guys 7 gal's have you act togetter so thank you all for all the good info & reading.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 10:35:50 PM »
sticker pt,
  you heard it  right they shoot long distances,   but its not all in one shot its like golf one target might be a par 5 aand the next might be a par 3 it's pretty funny some of the guys even dress up like golfers its all with recurve bows  try a 3d you might get hooked like i did

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 07:48:07 AM »
LOVE IT,, NOW THATS DOES SOUND FUN SIGN ME UP.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Facebook Comments