November 19, 2017, 01:28:51 AM

Author Topic: Patience My A**, I'm Gonna Kill Something!  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Patience My A**, I'm Gonna Kill Something!
« on: April 26, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »
Our turkey season opened Easter weekend.  Even though we can hunt all day, I got to hunt Sat & Sun mornings and that was it.  Had too much other stuff to do down on the farm.  Saw a total of 3 hens and 3 coyotes, with of course, not being able to get a shot at the coyotes! >:(

This past weekend, pretty much the same thing.  I got to hunt the mornings, but had to work on stuff for the rest of the day.  Saturday, I saw about 5-6 hens and 2 jakes.  Anytime I had turkeys in the food plot, I couldn't call because they would bust me.  When there weren't turkeys there, I would call, and here would come the jakes back! ;D  I finally slipped out of the area at about 10:30, with the jakes sitting up the hill on a log, watching the food plot!

Sunday morning, I had a couple of hens come in, and then the better of the two jakes from the previous day came in.  To make a long story short, I didn't really want to shoot a jake, but my hunting time is really limited this year, and I wanted some meat!  Looks like that will probably be the last time I get to turkey hunt this year, so it's just as well. :'(

When I was cleaning the turkey, I took pictures for the Critter Cleaning section.  The knife in the pictures is one of the knives that John A. made for me. :)  When the photos get posted in the section, notice in the 3rd from the last picture in the cleaning sequence.  The red area on the back of my hand above the knuckle of my index finger is where I barely let the knife hit my hand! :-[  Didn't take much of a lick from that knife to make a decent cut!!! 8)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline ncbuckhuntr

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • HAPPINESS IS A LARGE STEAMING GUTPILE
Re: Patience My A**, I'm Gonna Kill Something!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 09:29:10 PM »
 O0 O0 Nice bird where do ya hunt?

SAVE A DEER BAG AN ACTIVIST

SAVE A TREE EAT A BEAVER !!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 08:16:40 AM »
In Central KY.  This year was a weird year.  The birds weren't gobbling very much.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 08:22:27 AM »
Good job on the turk bird.......  O0    Congrats Big58Cal.....   8)
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 09:43:17 AM »
Fantastic!!  Hope we get to see you down in Texas this summer when that itch comes back  ;D
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline ncbuckhuntr

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 04:06:59 PM »
Im wanting to deer hunt in Kentucky my aunt owns a reality company near Lexington.she has lots of deer around there. How long have Coyotes been a problem there? the started to get thick in Western NC about 8 or 10 years ago.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 05:10:32 PM »
Im wanting to deer hunt in Kentucky my aunt owns a reality company near Lexington.she has lots of deer around there. How long have Coyotes been a problem there? the started to get thick in Western NC about 8 or 10 years ago.

We've had quite a few for several years now, but within the past couple of years, they've gotten really bad.  The winter before last and the following spring, I got several on film with a deer cam.  This is the same place where I've had a camera setting for years and didn't get any on film before that.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline ncbuckhuntr

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 06:33:18 PM »
Same thing in NC they were in the extreme west part of the state about 8 or 10 yrs ago now in the last 2 years they are everywhere I killed a big one opening deer season last year about 50 # or better.they live on mostly deer in the mountains where I hunt there is not enough smallgame to keep them alive.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 08:13:12 PM »
Nice bird Big58. O0  PA's Season opens this Saturday. O0  Hopefully I won't have to work. :-\
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Facebook Comments