November 23, 2017, 08:40:47 PM

Author Topic: Suggestions on a new Baitcasting reel  (Read 1748 times)

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Suggestions on a new Baitcasting reel
« on: May 08, 2006, 07:50:44 PM »
It is amazing how fast a fishing rod and reel can disappear from the back of your truck in San Antonio Texas.  I know that I shouldn't leave stuff like that in the bed, but I was only running in for a few min and thought it would be ok.   My last reel was an abu garcia ambassadeur that I liked fairly well.  Does anyone else have a suggestion on what kind of baitcasting reels they like for bass fishing.  I would like to keep it under $100. Thanks for the help.
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Suggestions on a new Baitcasting reel
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 01:18:21 AM »
Well, since it was in San Antonio, probably an illegal immigrant came by and saw the word Garcia and figured the reel belonged to him!! :D ;D :wink:

Seriously it is hard IMHO to beat a Garcia. I've got a 5600 (C5) and love it. It runs about $90.00 give or take. It's real good about keeping birdnests small and it casts real easy and is quite accurate too.

The 5600CB is a little cheaper; around $70.00 give or take and a friend has that one and he thinks its the best thing since sliced bread.

I've got one friend who has a Shimano Calcutta TE DC. He paid around $500.00 for it and has it on a $300.00 Saint Croix rod. That's a bit high to me but he likes it....To bad he can't fish for sh**!!!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 07:33:49 AM »
Well, since it was in San Antonio, probably an illegal immigrant came by and saw the word Garcia and figured the reel belonged to him!! :D ;D :wink:

That's exactly what I was thinking.... ;D ;D ;D

Sorry AB can't help you with the baitcasting reels, never got the hang of one.  Always fixing birds nests, that's why I spin cast...you need any advice on those let me know.... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 11:20:32 AM »
Yeah...It was probably the same Bas***d that stole my Jeep Scrambler...  That thing was 5years in the making and had just been finished when it dissapeared.
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 03:53:39 PM »
The Ambassadors are a good reel, but Pfluger is making an excellent reel these days and they can be had for $80 to $100. I have several Garcias, Shimanos, Diawas but the last reel I bought was a Pfluger and I think it is as good or better than most of the rest
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Bryan

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Kill it and Grill it.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 02:14:48 PM »
I realize this thread is a few months old, but I just had to say I feel your pain, AB.

Some son of a left-handed bowler (SOLB) walked right into my garage and snatched a Garcia reel off of one of my rods.  That's right, that SOLB stood in my garage long enough to pull off the chug-bug, disassemble the reel from the rod, and take both the lure and reel.

It's my own fault for leaving my garage door up during an afternoon in broad day light... but a ya think a guy would be able to do such a crazy thing once in awhile.

I thank the Lord Jesus that I didn't catch this SOLB.  The entire ordeal would have ended up costing me much more than what it cost to replace the reel.    >:(
"Never shall innocent blood be shed,
yet the blood of the wicked will flow like a river...
For I shall spread my blackened wings...
and be the vengeful striking hammer of God."

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 09:30:50 PM »
geez bryan what were you thinking. hey AB walmart sells some very nice stuff and when you fish like i do cheaps all that matters 4 inch bluegill dont seem to mind
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments