December 15, 2017, 04:39:01 PM

Author Topic: Trail Camera to use?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Trail Camera to use?
« on: May 09, 2006, 12:23:23 AM »
There are some really great pics from some of your trail camera's in the photo section.  What kinds of camera's are you using?  I have been thinking about getting one or two for a while.  Any suggestions or experience that can be shared would really help.
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Trail Camera to use?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 03:36:46 AM »
 I'm bumping this one back up. I've been getting a little curious about them myself. From reading around I see several folks talk about using them, but no one mentions the brand, model or digital/film. Let's hear some details for the wanting and uneducated in such things.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 08:38:23 PM »
I built some home brews, and have tried the stealth STC-WD1's. They are okay, but I had some trouble with the LED screen on one of them. Another one was very interesting to a bear. So much so that he ripped it off the tree, and that was the last we saw of it. We also tried a " Hunting Cam " made by JJC Inc. What a piece of crap!!!!!!!!!! >:(...............that or we just arent smart enuff to operate it. I also got a Wildview Xtreme 2 this spring...........xcellent cam. Easy to use, cheap to buy, and takes good pics. I'm still partial to the ones I built though............... O0
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2006, 01:37:09 AM »
 I remember when you first joined this motley crew, you were asking about build your own plans. Then you didn't say much else about it, but you did post some nice pics. Guess it worked out pretty well. How about some info on how you did it.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »
its been more than a week sice you wanted a reply...thats just it with some hunters....hush , hush when it comes to what really works...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments