October 17, 2017, 02:04:44 AM

Author Topic: Please include  (Read 2022 times)

BBF

Please include
« on: May 23, 2006, 02:18:41 PM »
 Hi All:
It is a bit early for most rifle hunting and I will post another reminder when we get closer. Would all of you try to mention the type of caliber/cartridge and bullet weight used as well as any perfomance info ie expansion, pentration etc.
Thanks

BBF   ( Big Bore Fan)   :)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Re: Please include
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 04:21:27 PM »
all time fav- marlin 444 with 1 & 20 twist . ammo new hornady leverolution 265gr with muzzle 2325. moa @100 +3 / 200 -1.4 drop as far as i have shot with new ammo. back up marlin 30/30 same ammo.  have 3 more bolt action long gun's 30/06, 270. 22-250. but past few year's as I've got older went back to my fav-gun in the world big bad a## 444 love the big bores
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 04:55:44 PM »
all time fav- marlin 444 with 1 & 20 twist . ammo new hornady leverolution 265gr with muzzle 2325. moa @100 +3 / 200 -1.4 drop as far as i have shot with new ammo. back up marlin 30/30 same ammo.  have 3 more bolt action long gun's 30/06, 270. 22-250. but past few year's as I've got older went back to my fav-gun in the world big bad a## 444 love the big bores

Glad to see I'm not alone! O0  I just got a .444 Marlin last fall.  Still haven't had a chance to shoot anything with it, other than paper though. :'(
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »
hell yell !!! man are they fun and talking about blowing thing's apart. and when you hit a deer/hog the tracking job is not that bad. i lost my dig-cam last season 2005/2006 and some wiil alot (went to town left my truck unlocked at wal-mart, you no the rest of the story) when i get new one i will start to post some pic's of things i shoot at the range.  the range i go to lets you pretty muck shoot anything you can drag out there and stuff always left over from full auto boys (thay have fullauto shoots on week-ends . old cars /dishwasher's/ you name it. ) like to have site for us big bore  * MAN *  maybe we can start a big site here at gut pile ?  i will see if i can find some old pic of a 4pt i shot back in 2003 i hit him right under top of back with the 444 missing back straps spine and some things i could not make out. and back to you big58cal good to know im not only one out here that likes the big guns. p.s i have a ruger 480 hand-gun
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 10:05:47 AM »
Ok I'll play but I will list mine by season for deer.

Archery: Mathews solo cam Carbon force arrows 80 grain NAP 3 blade spitfires
Scoped shotgun: Remmington 11-87 rifled slug barrel with a simmons 3-9 scope Lightfied slugs
Iron sights shotgun : Browning Auto-5 chambered at 2 3/4 rifled slug barrel Lightfield slugs
Buck shot shotgun: Browning Auto -5 chambered at 3 in. Magnum 32 in Barrel Full Choke Remmington Permier Copper 00 buckshot.
Scoped Rifle Remmington Blued sinthic stock 7400 30-06 Nikon Buckmaster 3-9X50  150 gr. remmington Core lot PSP
Iron sight Rifle  Winchester Lever action 30-30 130 Cor Lot PSP
Scoped Muzzleloader: Thompson Center Omega 50 cal stanless steel with camo composet stock 3-9 50 Nikon Buckmaster Scope with 120 Gr tripple 7 3f powder 250 grain shock sabot bullits
Iron Sights Muzzle loader: Thompson Center 50 Cal Black Dimond blued camo composet stock ( still working up a load for this gun)                                                                 Mike

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 10:51:24 AM »
BOW: matt-swicthback, arrow's: gold tip expedition hunter 75/95 at 31 1/4in draw. rest: whisker biscuit qs,  stabilizer: limbsaver x-press stab.  silencers: whisker string silencers. site: cobra sidewinder radiant with 4 pin;s. broadheads:nap-crossfires 100gr. and some more sliencers stuff.  gun's that i use the most marlin 444, marlin 30/30 with leverevolution ammo. muzz: cva op-pro 50cal. powerbelts with pellets. thats about it. have more in closet.

Offline CJ

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
  • I like to eat Back Straps on Sunday...Ted Nugent
    • www.SundayHunting.com
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 03:10:10 PM »
Bow of the Day:  Parker Hunter magnum NAP Tune rest 30" Beman carbon with Spitfire mechanical broadheads set at 56#
Handgun:            TC Contender 30/30 16 1/4 barrel, 1x-4x simmons scope Pachmyer grips, harris Bi-Pod Sling Federal Premium Nosler 170 Nosler Partition
ML of the Day:     CVA Firebolt 50 cal fluted barrel 4x Cabelas guide with see through rings and a fiberoptic bucktail site shooting 90 grains of loose 777 behind a 240 copperclad aerotip PowerBelt
Shotgun of the Day:  12 gauge Remington 1100 Special field with a floated and glass bedded Hastings Rifled barrel pinned to the receiver topped with a Leopold IER M* 4X scope shooting a Hornady SST sabot
Rifle of the Day:  Winchester Pre 64 model 30/30 topped with a Leopold IER M8 4x scope shooting a 170m grain Remington Express hollowpoint cartridge

All guns and bows subject to change with money :)
I kill to say I have hunted not hunted to say I have killed...Aldo Leopold

BBF

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 10:48:09 AM »
Wow, all kinds of info, even the guys that throw pointy little sticks got into this :-)
I wasn't aware that somebody loads 170 gr. Hollow Points for the 30-30Win :shock:  I did have a 444 many years ago and had the barrel shortend to 19 1/2 inch since it was one of the early models with a long barrel.  All iron sights were removed. Best load was with a 265 gr. Hornady and IMR 4198. My last moose hunt in B.C.  on the last day of a four week vacation gave me a shot  on a nice bull moose. About 60 yards; angle front to back diagional. The bull got  knocked  down and over. He tried to get up but never made it on his feet again. The recovered bullet had expanded to almost a full inch and still weighted over 200 gr. Also had a .450 Marlin that was not pleasant to shoot with factory or full load reloads. Having a straight stock didn't help matters. My largest caliber  center fire  now is a NEF  in 45-70 Govt. Nice to shoot with standard loads but can rattle you with steamy handloads.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 10:50:10 AM by BBF »

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 12:42:42 PM »
NEW TO ALL THIS TALKING ON LINE . SO WHATS STICK.( NOT GOOD. ARE SMART-A## ) let me know. i would not want to piss-any body off i no some pepole get upset about the little things. are it they feel like some body stepping on them toe's.  so if i have sorry

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2006, 12:08:26 AM »
I wouldn't worry about the pointy sticks around here. Just don't buy a minivan... :twisted:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Facebook Comments