November 18, 2017, 10:23:49 AM

Author Topic: TARPON / SNOOK / KINGFISH.  (Read 1701 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
TARPON / SNOOK / KINGFISH.
« on: May 26, 2006, 07:44:38 PM »
 I LIVE IN DUNEDIN FL RIGHT ON THE WATER AND I DO A LOT OF FISHING. ONE OF MY FAV- IS SHARK'S THIS TIME OF THE YEAR THEY ARE RIGHT UP ON THE BEACH CHASING MUILLET AND LG-BAIT FISH. AVG SHARK FISHING OFF LAND IS IN THE 4 TO 8 FOOT RANGE. I USE A PEEN-9/0 REEL WITH 8 FOOT MED- HAV ROD WITH 80LBS TEST LINE. WHEN WAITING FOR SHARK RUN'S  WE FISH FOR SNOOK AND TARPON, MAN THIS TIME OF YEAR IT'S ALL GOING ON. IF I GET A NEW DIG-CAM SOOM I WILL POST SOME. IT WOULD BE BETTER TO BUY A SCANNER THEN I COULD POST SOME FISHING PIC FROM OVER THE YEAR'S. HAVE ONE  PIC-WITH 9 1/2 FOOT BULL SHARK 478LBS. AND ALLOT OF 15 & 20+LBS PIC-OF SNOOK. AND FEW DOZ OF TARPON UP TO 170+LBS. AND ALL KIND'S OF FISH.  IF YOU GUYS DONT KICK OFF THIS SITE  I WILL GET MY ACT TOGETTER AND START SCN-PIC'S .  I'M A MUCH BETTER FISHER MAN THEN A DEER HUNTER.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline ncbuckhuntr

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • HAPPINESS IS A LARGE STEAMING GUTPILE
Re: TARPON / SNOOK / KINGFISH.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:18:27 PM »
I used to catch some tarpon in Sebastian river my biggest was around 100 pounds I fished the sebastian inlet the other day and caught a big black drum and the snook are there too. I seen some sharks at Vero Beach the other day one was about 6 foot they wouldnt let people swim for part of the day.

SAVE A DEER BAG AN ACTIVIST

SAVE A TREE EAT A BEAVER !!!

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 09:03:17 PM »
GREAT PLACE TO FISH. HAVE BEEN THERE A FEW TIME'S. SOME DAY'S ALLOT OF PEPOLE FISHING
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline ncbuckhuntr

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 09:17:54 PM »
Yeah there is a lot of people I try and hit it mid week I caught a couple Pompano off A1A beach fishing  below the inlet

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 09:33:15 PM »
NOW THATS ONE PULLIN FISH (POMP) LOVE THE SOUND OF LINE RIPPING OF THE REEL. ( DRAG HELL MAN I SAID GIVE IT SOME DRAG ARE HE'S GOING TO BE IN THE KEY'S , SOON ) P.S LOVE KEY WEST , NOW TALK ABOUT CAMEL TOE

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2006, 10:29:22 PM »
 Holy smokes, i've always wanted to
go tarpon fishing. havent go to it yet  :-\

Offline ncbuckhuntr

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 10:41:20 PM »
Tarpon are good fighters but can be picky eaters  I used to see schools of 10 to 20 at a time all over 100 pounds. When I used to go fishin with my Grandpa we didnt fish for Tarpon ,Red fish , or Jacks they were considered trashfish funny how things change in time.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 10:14:24 AM »
 shad / shad / shad. find a nice mud flat in the bay get out the bait net and get some big shad let them die on deck of boat. ( may. june.july) move 1/4 to 1/2 mil off beach and hook dead shad though eye shock-it dift with tide and hold on . tight line's and screamin drag's  ( it's all about the air time the silver king can fly )

Facebook Comments