November 22, 2017, 06:02:33 AM

Author Topic: Turtle Wax ?  (Read 3856 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Turtle Wax ?
« on: May 27, 2006, 06:24:14 PM »
 just something i do to my arrows, first i take my new arrow's and put some ac-tone  on old sock and wipe off factory wrap. then apply formula 2001 turtle wax on arrow shaft  and vanes let set a few minutes then wipe off.  reason i  do this is i use a whisker biscuit rest and it makes arrow & vanes smooth and very quite. why i remove factory wrap is if you use a whisker bis- when pulling arrow to full draw listen when wrap starts to hit bis-it drags and a bit noisy.  maybe i'm going a bit over board. but on stand on a dead clam a.m/p.m hunt with deer right under stand it makes a difference.  and just a bit more speed.  ( i know most of you huntin gps maniac's knew this ? )
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Turtle Wax ?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 09:53:05 PM »
sounds good.  i know guys that spary there whisker bicuit with armor all.  the only bad thing would be the smell from the wax and armor all

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 04:24:41 AM »
and the rain just beads off it too huh? hahha seriously though i could see using a good wax for the quieter aspect... a good carnuba.... use it on pipes as well brings out the color of the briar
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 10:17:45 AM »
no smell. before entering the woods spray down with scnet cover it just rolls off arrow's and stuff. put the 2001 turtle wax after a few hr's no smell. ck-it out.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2006, 08:51:44 AM »
i still think there is going to be some type of smell on the arrows.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 09:13:58 AM »
allen give it a smell. (if smells like chicken don't eat). no smell dry's then wipe it off and you are done. i have had no plm with it.

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:01:07 PM »
ok, but you can still smell it on a vehicle, right

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 07:29:42 PM »
 ? ,  just today i was shooting my bow in the back yard and man it was hot. no smells coming from arrows just all the dog sh## in back yard. my son did not do a good job picking it up on sat.  allen i'm going to do one up and shot over to your home to smell. when you are done smelling it shoot it back down to fl, it will make it just wait till moon is high aim at the big creatter on moon and let it go that gold tip fly's like a ICBM MARK2 (HA HA)

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »
what sight pin should i use?

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 07:12:12 AM »
I use whisker bisket as well, I bought it thinking it would be better to hold the arrow in place as I'm sitting in the woods...but I noticed as I drew on a deer how much noise it made on a quiet morning... I'll take the advise of the turtle wax and give it a sniff...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments