November 24, 2017, 02:33:41 AM

Author Topic: Turtle Wax ?  (Read 3857 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Re: Turtle Wax ?
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 07:29:52 AM »
allen , i have had my best shot with the # 21 pin , thats if you can get a good wind moving to the south, if not i would go with my  #28 pin.  p.s com-for the wind dreft
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 07:35:37 AM »
I use whisker bisket as well, I bought it thinking it would be better to hold the arrow in place as I'm sitting in the woods...but I noticed as I drew on a deer how much noise it made on a quiet morning... I'll take the advise of the turtle wax and give it a sniff...
   think god im not the only one that thought the bisket was noisy when drawing back in the wood's. one thing remember to remove factory wrap on arrow ,  listen to it as it gets to wrap and you start to pull it though the bis (noisy)
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2006, 07:34:41 PM »
i use the trophy taker drop away rest it works nice and super quiet they give you fleece to put on it and it has alittle arrow holder on it for up in the tree, little pricey.  you don't need to worry about messing up your fletching if you shoot alot

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 07:58:23 PM »
 had one for a day. i have tried a few after i bought my swicthback last year. but keep going back to the bis. i think i like the bis-  becuse has a little hole with hair looking fiber's ??? .  and it does job for me.  allen  t/t is a good rest want to buy a 2nd. and have a few nap rest

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 08:06:12 PM »
no thanks i got 2 now.  you gotta admit there a pretty good rest.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 08:14:43 PM »
 yes sir. what do you know about muzzy zero-effect i read some place you now can convert to fit matt-swicthback ?

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 02:43:08 AM »
Hey sticker there is scent that is given off with turtle wax, even if you cannot pick it out the deer sure will. I try and keep as scent free as possible.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 07:06:20 AM »
 i will go back and read my post. mybe i dint add this part. before going into the woods when spraying down with scent sprays spray bow and arrows/ scent beed's up on shaf and vanes and runs off/wipe off no more smell. and you have to use turtle wax 2001.  just my thing i do im always messing with thing to build a better mouse trap.

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 08:46:14 PM »
i didn't know that you couldn't use them on a mathews,  i'm a hoyt shooter i don't know much about the mathews line.  i didn't like the zero effect that much to big and to many moving parts, i like it simple less of a problem

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 12:32:46 PM »
 good ponit lots of moving parts, i'll keep my bisk-on

Facebook Comments