October 22, 2017, 06:55:51 PM

Author Topic: work is slow now.  (Read 1772 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
work is slow now.
« on: May 30, 2006, 01:19:16 PM »
 well sitting at my desk at home my line of work is slow now with it being a buyers market now. (i'm a home inspector). took one kid to camp and my boy to his buds home they are doing something. im just borad out of my mind. went out back and shot my bow about 20/25 arrows. picked up the dog's po though out yard (oh boy) no body on line now everybody else at work. if the gun range was not so far and did not have to pick up my 8 year old from camp i would go and put some holes into something. weel this killed about 4min. of time. thanks gps for giving me something to do. now im going to look at some of gps hunting pic's.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
Re: work is slow now.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 09:27:41 AM »
I feel your pain man....I feel your pain.... :shock:

Try to hang in there...and remember there is always time for a beer and a nap... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 09:57:17 AM »
Dang, sticker!  What you need are some bad habits to go along with all that spare time.  :wink: Or at least, go fishing. Nothing to hunt. huh? I am sitting here in my GP shirt thinking of all the things I would be doing if I didn't have to go to work today.  I am headed into the shop shortly, before I have to go to work. I'm lucky, I have knife work to do 24/7, so life here is busy even on off days when it's raining. Right now, it's raining, but it's dry in the shop, of course. I used to make my knives in an old small Model T garage, did it for years. We finally had to build a new one before everything was rusted in the shop. That, or it was going to fall in on my head. Hey, maybe clean your fishing reels, huh?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:15:01 AM »
for me it's hard to have fun when i should be working. i feel bad just shooting my bow in the back yard, ( just shot, 5/31/06 from 9:10 to 10:00 am ) I've called all my contacks and it looks like a few more days before i get any work. the fish is good right now but need help to put the boat in the water.  any body want to fight with some big tarpon ?  well i guess i will go and pick up some more dog sh##.  p.s need help at the shop.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 10:36:14 PM »
 I know what you mean, normally I can't get away with a thing. Last week the boss was out of town and his second in command was on vacation. That left me to babysit the phones and drool over the new to me, high dollar airpistol I found at the pawnshop. I swear it begged me to shoot it, it really did. and I fought back hard, but that box in the corner of the shop ( the one with the odd 1/2 inch black dot ) kept mocking me and at one point I think it made a face at me. Well I don't have to take that from any block of corrigated paper, so it got shot. Then I said to myself "Self, surly  you can do better than that" of course I can and quit calling me shirley !!
 So it got shot again and again and.... you get the point.
 Why did I have to work for a living?

Boredom can lead to bad places.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 07:08:18 AM »
sprak that some funny stuff

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:06:42 AM »
in My spare time, when I cant hunt, I love to just be at the river, bottom fishing, while listening to my small radio...to me it doesnt matter if I catch anything, just getting away from the house for a few hours is better than any type of thing I can do at the house...unless its bed time and the 'ole lady had a couple glasses of wine... O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 08:35:36 AM »
Sticker Pt. sound like you need some "home remodeling projects". O0  I've been about to kill my fool self around the house on the weekends doing odds and ends. :'(  Maybe you should get a pressure washer and clean the outside of your house, deck, sidewalks, driveway, etc, etc, etc.  After cleaning it, apply some sealer and driveway coating.  Just for the heck of it, add onto your deck..........or build one if you don't already have one. :twisted:  Of course, once you do that, you'll need to pour a new/another sidewalk.......... :twisted:

See, there's always something to do to try to kill yourself and make you sore! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 09:12:42 AM »
 im real sore now had to pay my tax's for my bis - and home tax's.  im going to have to get some food stamps . all the deer  meat gone gone & gone.  just kiding about the food stamp thing. i cant get them if i neededthem anyway. wrong race and i work for a living. now i hope i dont pi## anybody off about my coment's.  i used to work for the gov-hud/ reac / fed-housing and all that good stuff, went to school to be a building eng- and next think i know i was working for the man going all over the u.s.a. and been in some bad getto's bad bad bad getto's.  so i know a thing are two about gov-programes for the poor.  p.s i have meet some pepole outthere that are trying to make a better life for them selfs.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 10:23:09 AM »
Sticker, that's very interesting! BC has a good point, too.  :wink: I'm sure we could suggest some more honey-do projects your wife would be overjoyed to hear. :wink:  :roll:  ;D You must be one of those workaholics, like BC. Fellers like you and BC have an overpowering need to be occupied. Me, I try to avoid such afflictions. Even with my skills of avoiding honey-do chores during valuable fishing and hunting time, I still haven't been fishing this year.  :'( Maybe GP can offer some advice for us. Maybe not. His wife is probably adding to his honey-do list as we speak.  :shock:  ;D That's what you get for being one of those "model husbands" and having one of those sneaky and crafty wifes sneaking a peek over your shoulder while you type here. OOOOPS! I just got busted by mine!  :shock: I gotta go, she is telling me about the yard........................ .
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments