December 15, 2017, 02:56:59 PM

Author Topic: stony, tip's  (Read 753 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
stony, tip's
« on: May 31, 2006, 05:46:54 PM »
 stony what kind of tip's do you have for NOV, 11 thur -NOV, 19 bow season in north central region.  we don't have a set rut time frame here some years nov/dec/jan and far up north fl starts in feb. it's hotter then well you know. i start to see rub's in aug & scrape's end of oct ( we don't have big long scrapes lines at the place's i hunt) so when i find a cluster of rub's in the ceder trees that are on the outter edges of the oak ham's- thats whare i sit up and most of the time old logging rd outter sides of ceder's and with FL setting out in the water like a trerd in the punch bowl the wind's are always changing so i must have a few back up stands.  stony what would you key in on the most at this time of the year. p.s we don't start getting any cold weather till end of nov. just making some small talk and trying to learn something new. thanks
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline sticker pt

Re: stony, tip's
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:15:55 AM »
thanks stony for the great feed back. you hit it right on the head, one big boy that i have been after makes scrapes on the outer edge's of a think over grow oak ham - about 1 1/2 ac in size. that sits in the mid-of a open polt of land the size about 15-16 ac and right down the mid-of oaks is a rub line . trees rubs on two sides of tree's thing this is a bedding spot ?  hard to hunt this spot that dam# wind  and getting in deer always in that open plot. but this year have been working on a trail that will come in off old loging rd.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:41:27 AM »
I told stoney about my story with the hour before daylight...it was an intense encounter with a buck that I could not see...I was not hurt, but from experience, do not open any scent pads untill after you are able to make a shot during the pre-rut, cause the bucks seem to go crazy if you spray their scrape one day, and go back the next morning and sit up wind from that scrape with open scent pads...this year I will wait untill after daybreak and drop the scent pads from my new climbing treestand...but spraying a scrape the day before will intensify that buck intrest...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 02:54:34 PM »
 GOOD TIP. KEEP THEM COMING

Facebook Comments