November 24, 2017, 12:19:05 AM

Author Topic: how high??  (Read 4135 times)

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
how high??
« on: June 02, 2006, 10:25:01 PM »
what heigth do you guys prefer for archery hunting?

Offline ncbuckhuntr

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • HAPPINESS IS A LARGE STEAMING GUTPILE
Re: how high??
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:17:42 PM »
Level , I hunt the mountains I can climb 40 feet up a tree and have a level shot on the main trail on a ridge. But its about 60 or 70 feet out of the back side of the stand. I hunt a lot out of ground blinds made out of fallen logs I stack them up in a 4 ft high x 6 ft square.

SAVE A DEER BAG AN ACTIVIST

SAVE A TREE EAT A BEAVER !!!

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 08:42:16 AM »
 12 - 15- 20+ depends on the tree i need to use.  and do allot ground huntin. ( bad back & leg's)
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 10:17:16 AM »

I usually look for trees that I can get at least 20' off the ground, plus giving me a good backdrop so my outline blends in to keep the deer from outlining my silhouette...  O0
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 12:18:24 PM »
with my recurve i still hunt on the ground,  with my compound usually 16-20 ft......i'm kinda  wuss when it comes to heights.
Proud Democrat

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 12:52:34 PM »
it sound like everybodt stays around the same, except for the no fear crazy guy that climbs 70ft.  i'd have to find a different spot thats to high for me or at least keep looking on the other side were it's level.  i'm like stoney try to get about 20ft and have a good back stop or make it so the sun is in the deers eyes if it happens to look up.  what about some achery stand tips do you guys got any??

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 12:58:37 PM »
 allen, tip: #1. don't fall off . tip#2. always wear a harness. tip#3. always bend at your waist, never move bow with arms to target. tip#4. don't fall off.    just mess-with you allen i know you got this huntin thing down O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 01:23:37 PM »
i got a pro series harness  vest by hunter saftey system for christmas it works great it saved my life 7 times now just kidding

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2006, 04:10:08 PM »
allen, tip: #1. don't fall off . tip#2. always wear a harness. tip#3. always bend at your waist, never move bow with arms to target. tip#4. don't fall off. just mess-with you allen i know you got this huntin thing down O0

tip#5, don't forget you're up in a tree after you shoot a nice buck..... :roll: 

I am telling you this from experience....   :shock:   Yup, I walked right out of my tree stand after I shot a nice buck.   To this day I keep asking myself - "WHAT WAS I THINKING"      :twisted:

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 04:31:49 PM »
i could see that happen. good pt

Facebook Comments