October 18, 2017, 02:16:25 PM

Author Topic: Indian John's Beer Roasted Cat  (Read 11078 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Indian John's Beer Roasted Cat
« on: April 10, 2004, 08:02:58 PM »
INDIAN JOHN'S BEER ROASTED CAT

1 cat cut into roast
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cube of beef bouillon
1 clove of garlic
1 Fine Irish Stout, like Guinness

Cover and soak cat roast in salt water for 24 hours. Drain water and then cover and soak in beer for 6 hours. Drain and place in crock pot with your cans of soup. Add a clove of garlic, and a cube of beef bouillon. If you start to slow cook your cat in the morning with your George Foreman Cooker (or it's ilk), you'll have finely cooked feline in time for supper.

If a slow cooker is not available, a cat can be baked at 350 degrees for 2-3 hours in a conventional oven and still come out pretty good. Beer Roasted Cat is fantastic served with mashed potatoes, collard greens, and fresh, homemade egg rolls. When planning a full meal just remember- cat is a course best served hot!

Cat may not be the most glamorous, or tastiest of game meats, but with a little thought and preparation, Baked Cat can make the belly of the persnicketiest diner glow with home baked goodness.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline catfishsr

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 11:17:25 PM »
B C
if you server with turnup  greens and corn bread you will have a meal fit for a king! :mrgreen:  buy the way whens dinner?
NONE STAND AS TALL AS THE PERSON WHO BENDS OVER TO HELP A CHILD.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 11:43:15 PM »
I haven't tried it yet, but it does sound good, doesn't it?

I already thinned the the cats down where I hunt.  We try to keep 1-2 down there to keep the rats/mice out of the barn.  I'll probably have to wait until later this summer/fall before I can "harvest the surplus" again.  That is unless I have another one come in stalking my turkey decoys like a did a few years ago!  I'm here to tell you, a 3" turkey load with #4 shot isn't JUST for turkeys! :D

Maybe Firekidd or John will let us know how it is pretty soon.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 10:11:05 PM »
Okay let's get something straight, I will eat 'normal' wild game... mushrooms, and fish...(not carp)  but I draw the line at eating someone's pet!!

...even if it is a useless furball only fit for target practice..... :?
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 10:37:55 PM »
There are "wild" cats you know!  What's the difference between shooting a cat that someone feeds, and a squirrel someone feeds?????

I think the recipe shows that they aren't a "useless furball only fit for target practice".  Say it with me........"CAT, THE OTHER WHITE MEAT"!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2004, 11:23:09 PM »
Okay how's this.....
if there is a rabies shot developed for it, I won't eat it...
Better???

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 10:00:22 AM »
BC, I love this thread! You even have cat decoys! Now, that's an idea! I bet you could shove a roasting ear of corn up it's --- and roast it at the same time. Kill and dress the cat first, you say? OK. Baked Cat! I could cook up a bunch and have all you guys over for dinner. We can put firekidd at the head of the table, guest of honor. He can carve the cat! Rabie innoculated animal? You aren't gonna taste the shot! Many hogs receive the shot, and the bacon tastes the same. Hey, you guys tried roast Poodle? Same cooking directions, more meat. Check out the big camp pots towards the end of the month on the Reservations. You can get cat AND dog all in one serving! Yummmm-m-m-m! You can fish some out of the pot, drain it, chop it up and add mustard and catsup, and make a sandwich. Good with barbeque sauce, too. And, you can fish out a roasting ear to eat with it, too. If the pot is started early enough in the month. it's just like gravy in the pot with chunks of delicious meat. The more cat and dog, the less rats we have to toss in, too. It's too early in the year for grasshopper soup, so the old standbys are always there! Now you know why all the kids are chasing grasshoppers about the middle of the month.  For the main course I mentioned earlier, when some of the guys mention it's time to go to town for dinner, we aren't kidding! Here, kitty kitty kitty!  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 07:00:23 PM »
Okay you talked me into it... If you guys make it, and bring it here I'll eat it...

I'd like the poodle pot pie, with mashed taters and some cat gravy on that!!!  Oh and can I get a side of breaded grasshoppers???

Got pics???

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2004, 07:13:24 AM »
What's really sad is that I can't tell if John is just having a little fun or if he's serious! :shock:

I was telling a friend about the recipe.  He didn't seem too enthused about it. 8)

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2004, 04:28:54 PM »
how about this... bring enough for 5 people, and I'll take it to work and feed it to everyone we can let them decide how good it is!!!

Got pics???

Facebook Comments