October 18, 2017, 08:12:01 PM

Author Topic: Indian John's Beer Roasted Cat  (Read 11079 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Indian John's Beer Roasted Cat
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2006, 04:25:44 PM »
Yep, BC has moved to new grounds, and should have some cats available. I'm sure BC has some new "stock" for the pot already lined up. I nailed one a few weekends ago while squirrel hunting, and thought of you folks when I examined it. The trouble was, it wasn't enough cat to go around, even though it was a good sized one.   What we need is one of those big iron kettles to hang over the campfire, like you used to see on the reservations. They are great to cook in. You can get a whole dog and several cats in one, if it isn't one of those huge dogs. Those big breed dogs are usually expensive, and town folks list them as missing and search for them. What you have to do is BE SURE YOU KEEP THE KETTLE LID ON when you have one of the big missing dogs in the kettle. Townfolks get kind of riled when they spot their dog in your kettle, trust me. Same way with cats, be sure to remove collars before tossing them into the pot.  Especially the flea collars. The flea collars will give you diahrea like nothing you never had before, and make you really sick for days. One time a live stray cat accidentally fell into the kettle, and............................................. well, I will tell you later, after your kids are put to bed.  I will tell you this much, it splashed stew all over the fire until.................................. ! :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2006, 07:21:22 PM »
I still prefer to slowly roast the cat over an open hardwood fire and finish it with a nice coat of hickory smoke barbecue sauce.  Garnish with some warm cornbread, mashed sweet potatoes, and ice cold beer.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2006, 07:17:19 AM »
and I always thought cats were only good tied to a tree as coyote bait...one day when my 'ole lady isnt paying attention I may have to try something...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »
Man have I been missing out all these years?  I always considered it a blessing to send a feline off to kitty heaven, an offering to the god's. Makes me warm all over everytime it happens, but to actually consume this holy offering. I don't wish to offend the great hunting god's so I will stick with the shoot and release meathod. Though if it was served at a GP gathering and cooked up properly by the likes of a true kitty master ( John A. ),  well I would just have to give it a try.... Like they say " once you get past the smell ya got er licked ".
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 11:53:31 AM »
CZ, that's great!  O0  :twisted:  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 07:07:01 AM »
I had to "save" that picture to the family comp. its hilarious...I'm sure the step daughter will say something about it...LOL
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 04:12:21 PM »
I just re-read this thread and have been ROFLMFAO for the last few minutes. ;D ;D ;D

I figured some of the new guys might want to enjoy the read also. ;D ;D ;D
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline RYUKame

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2006, 04:18:43 PM »
I haven't tried it yet, but it does sound good, doesn't it?

I already thinned the the cats down where I hunt.  We try to keep 1-2 down there to keep the rats/mice out of the barn.  I'll probably have to wait until later this summer/fall before I can "harvest the surplus" again.  That is unless I have another one come in stalking my turkey decoys like a did a few years ago!  I'm here to tell you, a 3" turkey load with #4 shot isn't JUST for turkeys! :D

Maybe Firekidd or John will let us know how it is pretty soon.

are you thinning your own cats that you take care of?do you eat them? im just wondering 
you might want to try raising rabbits if you havent allready. thier food is somewhat cheaper than cats,very easy to take care of. thier shyt is great fertilizer, because they will eat all your left overs and outdoor grown ruffage.
thier tasy and they breed like rabbits.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 07:02:19 PM by RYUKame »
"I was hostile to the white man...We preferred hunting to a life of idleness on our reservations. At times we did not get enough to eat and we were not allowed to hunt. All we wanted was peace and to be let alone. Soldiers came...in the winter..and destroyed our villages. Then Long Hair (Custer) came...They said we massacred him, but he would have done the same to us.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 08:52:27 PM »
you might want to try raising rabbits if you havent allready. thier food is somewhat cheaper than cats,very easy to take care of. thier shyt is great fertilizer, because they will eat all your left overs and outdoor grown ruffage.
thier tasy and they breed like rabbits.
Cats are a much leaner meat though and when you like to eat healthy like me you have to watch that kinda thing
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Frank A

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2007, 08:04:05 PM »
Quote by John Andrews:
"When you take it to work and feed it to them, tell them it's rabbit stew or something. Then, after everyone is finished and back to work, tell them what they REALLY ate! "

John
I tried that with some bear salami . I told my wife it was regular salami . She said it was very good , then when she swallowed it , I told her it was bear. She was actually able to bring it back up and said it was terrible. Go figure ! Some people don't taste with their mouth and tongue but their preset thought. I always tell people" try it , if you don't like it you can spit it out". The ones that try it usually don't find , whatever it is, so offensive that they spit it out. Those that don't try it , I tell them " what if is the best thing you have ever tasted? If you don't try it you'll never know." I'll have to try the cat recipe but I'll have to try it when my wife's no where near ( refer to the other thread and my thoughts about my wife and my happiness).
Frank

Facebook Comments