October 17, 2017, 02:03:43 AM

Author Topic: Indian John's Beer Roasted Cat  (Read 11074 times)

Offline Sticka

Re: Indian John's Beer Roasted Cat
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2007, 05:33:13 PM »
Beer and Cat, you can't get any better.  The feral cats around here are terrible and need to be thinned out.  They might taste better though if you have a beer while taking one out and then leaving it behind for some crows  8)

travo

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 11:15:40 PM »
i have the most luck by guttin the cat,leavin the skin on after shaving it, and puttin it on a spit over a fire. nothin keeps the juices in like cat skin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »
i have the most luck by guttin the cat,leavin the skin on after shaving it, and puttin it on a spit over a fire. nothin keeps the juices in like cat skin.
How true!  O0 One thing for sure, those dang cats really scratch and bite while you shave them!  :shock: The next time I shoot one, I am going to tan the hide. The hide would make a good squirel hunting hat if you aren't hunting where there are other hunters.
Imagine what a conversation piece it would make when you wear it for everyday wear. Especially when you walk through the pet section of the store while customers there are picking up cat food and toys. And to the vet office when you take your dog for its shots. And how about wearing it to the pet store and pretend you want to buy two cats that match the color of your hat? Just tell them you want matching gloves for your hat.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2007, 11:11:13 PM »
Living in the city people are giving LITTERS of cats away like they are going out of style.I`m going to pick up 13 kittens tomorrow after work.Between the rabbits,squirrels and kittens I may not have to buy meat again.As Plott mentioned earlier the meat is alot more leaner.It holds a bit more creatine than beef.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2008, 10:11:53 AM »
It would probably be pretty good for a lining, but I don't think the cat hide is strong enough to hold up to much wear and tear.  I've got a couple of deer hides in the freezer that I was going to send off and have some gloves made out of them.  I may just have to get me a cat or two and send them along for the lining! :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I should have saved my last cat hide for you, BC. It was a very nice prime big female.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2008, 05:28:55 AM »
I'M  GONNA   H U R L  :buck2

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2008, 07:29:32 PM »
I'M  GONNA   H U R L  :buck2

Don't knock it till you try it. O0  Better than KFC.  It's finger-licking good. :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2008, 11:12:24 PM »
A little  more to promote eating ^^^^...

http://catrecipes.com/
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:54 PM »
A little  more to promote eating ^^^^...

http://catrecipes.com/

Did you notice down at the bottom of that site?

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 05:26:05 PM »
Did you notice down at the bottom of that site?

Sure did!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'M  GONNA   H U R L  :buck2
  ;D  ;D  ;D Yeah, hurl a few more cats into the roaster! I call cat "the other white meat".  :) The only problem raising kittens to eat is that they mature slower than rabbits, Tech. But, you can't beat the price!  :twisted:

Facebook Comments