December 14, 2017, 05:55:58 PM

Author Topic: Hogs with Dogs tonight...  (Read 8736 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Hogs with Dogs tonight...
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 08:28:09 AM »
 :shock:  :shock: Those have to be the wildest nights imaginable!  :shock:  O0 You done really good, too. I've run a lot of hounds after coon in my younger days, but never anything like those wild hogs. And killing them with knives, that takes some real spine!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 08:46:42 AM »
 john how's your spine doing. they want me to go for a mri, they think i pulled rod/screw loose ?  i dint go screw them every time i have a mri i end up on the bucthers table and with it being so close to huntin season NO WAY im i going to let them cut on me, let it hurt till the end of deer season and small game and turkey season and did you know that you can hunt hog's year around here in fl, like i said when the season is over i go to the bucther. O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 09:04:17 AM »
Sticker, it's a constant pain, but I get around pretty good, thank you. I told the docs "no cutting" on me, I will take my chances when I was teaching my carcass how to walk again. The swimming pool therapy and spinal shots did a lot for me, and being too mean to stay down helped, too.  :twisted: Oh, and the cute therapists in the bathing suits helped a lot, too!  :wink:  :roll:  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 09:26:57 AM »
John, you old dog... ;D A few years ago, I hurt my back at work and the therapist they sent me to was pretty easy on the eyes. Even if my back wasn't hurting that day, I'd complain about how it hurt and she, being a massage therapist too, would give me a rubdown... You know how hard it is to get my wife to give me a rubdown? I think it's about time I "hurt" my back again... :twisted:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 01:22:55 PM »
john glad to here your doing o.k.  O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 06:03:22 PM »
John... Do you make a knife with a 12" blade?  I am using a K-bar to stab the hogs and that is about the size that I need. 

That is terrible to hear about the back trouble that everyone is having  >:( ..

We are going out tonight to do the hog hunt again, and this will be the first time I have taken clients out.  I am excited!!!! But a little nervous, as always, that things won't go perfect. 
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 09:37:37 AM »
John... Do you make a knife with a 12" blade?  I am using a K-bar to stab the hogs and that is about the size that I need. 

That is terrible to hear about the back trouble that everyone is having  >:( ..

We are going out tonight to do the hog hunt again, and this will be the first time I have taken clients out.  I am excited!!!! But a little nervous, as always, that things won't go perfect. 
AB, I sure can make a 12" hog blade! That's very interesting, something that would be fun to design, a stick/stab/slash blade that would be tough and agile. I imagine you have to be really agile to stick those wild hogs!  :shock: AND QUICK!  :shock: What a rush, getting in close enough to dispatch them with a knife. I'll leave that rush to you agile brave fellas. I prefer to make knives for you excitement rush rascals, since I am by far no longer agile and am slow at climbing trees. Hey, have fun tonight, and stay in one piece!

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2006, 12:03:09 AM »
John.. the technique that we use involves stabbing the hog in the chest cavity going specifically for the heart.  Upon stabbing you normally don't extract the knife for another thrust; instead you cut with an up and down motion as though you were working a jack handle.  The idea here is to cause fast hemorrhaging by cutting through the heart and all major vessels that feed the circulatory system providing a fast kill that is safer for You and the dogs, as well as a quick death for the hog.  I think that an ideal knife would have a 12" or longer blade that would have half of the top portion sharpened as well to provide cutting surfaces on both sides to aid while performing the up and down cutting motion.  As well, a large finger guard would be helpfull to prevent your hand from slipping onto the blade as the hog twists and turns.  You know MUCH more than I do about knives and what type of grips provide the best traction when bloody, and how thick something needs to be to resist a 500lb hog twisting around it.  I am diffidently interested in talking to you about your thoughts on a knife like this and having one made.  Drop me a line at abjointoutfitters@yahoo.com when you get a chance.  Thanks..
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006, 01:07:37 AM »
Sounds like what you need is an Arkasas Toothpick. I'll bet John can fix you right up.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 08:48:53 AM »
AB, check out beretta knives. allot of good ole" boys use the Ka-bar modern D2 .  have you thought about spear hunting them hogs that big here in FL, go to  www.coldsteel.com  check it out.  i like the BOAR SPEAR OR THE SAMBURU SPEAR. let me know what you think. O0

Facebook Comments