October 17, 2017, 02:04:41 AM

Author Topic: ACCESS BETTER THAN SIGN  (Read 3744 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: ACCESS BETTER THAN SIGN
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 09:04:11 AM »
Meat Hunter makes a very good point, the tarsal gland drag. I always froze a couple of doe or buck tarsal glands and saved them for the next season to drag and then hang up by my stand. Does and yearlings seem ro be attracted by the tarsal glands, too. With using some real deal skunk scent, the combo has always worked well for me. I think the scent lock suits are over rated. Just the scent of your breath will alert  deer, telling them a human is in the area. Chances are, no matter how you try to disguise or eliminate your scent, there will be enough scent to let deer know you are nearby. You may be able to weaken your scent enough to not put the deer on high alert, though. Sometimes when deer smell a remote human scent, they will approach your area, trying to eyeball the source. I have witnessed this happening with a nice buck looking for a house cat at the installation where I work. The buck actually worked his way through a large parking lot full of parked vehicles until he could eyeball the cat while the cat was walking across the lot. The buck was off the lot, into the weeds and brush when he smelled tha cat.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 09:15:52 AM »
read in one of my huntin magizenes they now make gum that makes your breath smell like the woods
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 11:22:09 AM »
 SOMETIMES I SIT UP WITH THE WIND TO MY BACK WITH MOST BUCK'S COMING IN WITH THE WIND IN THERE FACE IT MAKES THE MOST SINCE AND TIME HE HIT'S MY DECOY ( FACING TOWARDS ME ) THAT PUT'S HIM ABOUT 12 TO 15 YARD'S OUT AND HE'S JUST STARTING TO HIT MY STINK CONE BUT BUY THEN I'M AT FULL DRAW AND PUTTING IT   IN THE PUMP HOUSE O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

BBF

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2006, 01:32:53 PM »
Yoa sticker dude! Re getting away from wife and kids. If you bought that $1200  rifle you might just remove yourself out of harms way for a while :twisted:

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 07:03:57 AM »
diffrence...bow season usually in most states begins before rifle season...bow season is the real deal...rifle/shotgun season is the last chance to bag some meat...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2006, 09:16:11 AM »
i love to bow hunt and after the the start of gun season i take my bow back out most of the time. i will hunt with my bow in the a.m then still hunt with my 444 lever marlin then hunt the inside corners of food plot's in the p.m with my bow.  i love the inside corners of old food plots that back up to staging spots and with the south (FL) not having a set time for a ture rut you never know what will happen at the plot's. i have this one spot where the deer stage up in the p.m and start to filter through a oak flat then into this old food plot with the wind right i can get to this inside corner and i set up on the ground and wacth the deer come out of the thickit and make there way to the food plot as long as nobody else has walk through that area the deer will come out in two's & three's (doe's) then the smaller buck's THEN the shooter's so you have to wait it out and some time's you run out of light but if we have a south west cold front coming in about 1 - 4 pm man you better be sit up by 11:00am (start's to get's dark at 5:45 p.m & dark/dark at 6:15pm) last year had this big buck that i have been after for 2 season's and he came in after dark/dark but he was tearing the place apart (saping's/ground) all i could see from sitting on the ground was the tops of these little sap's being trashed. man i cant wait. :)
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2006, 09:10:40 AM »
I feel your pain about bucks of the past...i missed one 2 years ago won Thanksgiving morning that was a solid 8 pointer, last year I seen him once a bit bigger...but I am hoping he had survived last season....I kinda know his home stomping grounds, and plan to make a few appearances with my laundry soap + vanilla extract, just to get the deer used to it...I read that is a great curiosity scent....so I'll get up in my climber in august and see what happens,....happy scouting.../
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2006, 01:43:05 PM »
I WAS TALKING ON THE PHONE THIS AM (10:00) WITH STONY I WAS OUT SCOUTING AFTER MY INSPECTION AS WE WHERE TALKING HAD ABOUT A 3-4 FOOT RATTLER TRY AND START SOME SH!T WITH ME THEN LATER I RAN INTO A HAIRY SPIDER AND LET OUT A BIC@H SCREAM (ASK STONY TO NOT TELL ALL OF YOU I HATE SPIDER'S) BUT I DID FIND LEFT & RIGHT SIDE'S OF A BIG 8 PT FROM LAST SEASON IN A SPOT THAT I PLAN ON HUNTING THIS YEAR ALLOT OF BIG OAK'S WITH NUT'S THIS YEAR. IT WAS COOL SCOUTING WITH STONY ON THE PHONE. THEN I WENT TO THIS BIG SIGN POST RUB (WHAT I CALL A SIGN POST RUB. A RUB THAT MANY BUCK'S USE BETWEEN BEDDING AND FEEDING SPOT'S) me and stony are not in a argumemut we just have diff-views on some thing's (which is why this site is great you alway's learn something new) and terminology but we have one thing we both love DEER & THE MAKE UP OF A DEER'S ANATOMY O0. I WILL TELL YOU ALL THIS STONY KNOW'S HIS DEER NOT JUST SCENT'S BUT THE HUNT, i have talked to allot of hunter's in my 30+ years of hunting and i find a great joy talking with john a.k.a STONY he is a true hunter and has great outdoor experience and a great appreciate for nature's all time superstar THE WHITE TAIL DEER O0 so when stony talk's take note's he's the real deal and remember his does not get paid for this info-he writes about he just love's to spead the good word. keep up the good work stony and you can correct me anytime becuse just the last 2 to 3 season's have i come to love deer for there beauty and grace NOT JUST THE MEAT ARE THE RACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O0

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2006, 02:03:14 PM »
Darn Sticker, why don't you just get one a plane, fly up here, and give him
a "Rusty Trombone" followed by a "Frothy Walrus" and get it over with.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2006, 02:23:25 PM »
Frothy Walrus???  Send me a pm to let me know what the hell that is...  mad...did you call me yesterday?
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Facebook Comments