December 15, 2017, 01:31:08 AM

Author Topic: NICE TURKEY MOUNT 58  (Read 680 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
NICE TURKEY MOUNT 58
« on: June 10, 2006, 07:08:10 PM »
 AWESOME TURKEY MOUNT BIG58. thank's for the pic's-i always do better with pic, lol ;D  i'm going to mount one like that we have some pretty nice turkeys here in FL,  thank's agin O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: NICE TURKEY MOUNT 58
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 08:49:22 AM »
I have to agree, that's really awesome, BC! They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and I agree! I really like the way you did that mount, too. You good, BC!  :)  O0  O0  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline SGT/USMC

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 09:32:13 AM »
Next spring, I'm going to mount a bird up like that.  O0 One question for ya BC.  When you cut the tail and wings off, how to you take care of the meat left on, so it won't rot on you?  Do you have some home tanning method you use or is it best to take it to a taxidermist?  Lady T, if you could shed some light on this, being your the duty expert, I'd appreciate it.
MeanMarine1775

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 01:09:53 PM »
Thanks guys!  The mounts are pretty, but they take up A LOT of room on a wall.  I've got 2 done like that.  As far as a typical fan/beard mount, those are pretty easy to do yourself.  For something like is in the picture, it would probably be best to take it to a taxidermist.  Those things I had done at a taxidermist.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments