December 13, 2017, 05:54:26 AM

Author Topic: SHOT MY BOW TODAY  (Read 1072 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
SHOT MY BOW TODAY
« on: June 15, 2006, 07:16:22 PM »
 just wanted to see if anybody else shooting bow's are anything else. i try to shoot my bow every day even if it's only 12 arrow's . keeps me sharp. just jaw-in here so bear with me, i took my 3-d target and re-foam filled it ( to fill the hole's) it will be ready to shoot at  in a few day's so till then i'm shooting at the block ( pc-of sh## target) but something to shot at. picked up 2 doz-new gold tip arrow's few week's back i thing to night i will strip the vanes off (picked them up on sell with vane's on) and put my sims vanes on with right helical off-set something to do . i have a jo jan multi-fletcher it does the job and i use bohning fletch tite platinum glue ( it work's better with carbon arrow's. then old fletch-tite)  i use GT nock's & G5 meta inserts.  last hunting season i tried some lumenok lighted nocks ( just more $$) don't really feel the need to spend the ex-$10.00 on one nock, i don't see my arrow fly anyway.  o.k by now you guy's are bored to death by now so i will quit jawin  . p.s about 6 week's ago i put a t.r.u nok on my bow string (su#ks) slow's the bow down and a bit noisy to me. so i will just keep shooting off my string. ( don't like nocking loops) :)
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Meat Hunter #737

Re: SHOT MY BOW TODAY
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:44:06 AM »
dude, I think you need a second job...shooting bow is fun, figuring out what is best is also good for all of us, but bored is bored...maybe you should have planted a garden so you could also tell us how tall your plants are getting....I myself garden( weed once a week) have yet to get into shooting my bow because I desperitly need a re-string and I also enjoy fishing for cats when I'm not too busy...not to come off to judgemental, but as a guy who is barely making it in this world and working 40 hours a week, not only do I have to budget my money, I have to budget my time away from my family so I can do the things I really want to do and believe me, I cant wait untill this fall for the opener of our hunting seasons...but its barely july 4th and alot of us have alot going on right now, ... I appreciated the info on the turtle wax, because I use a whisker bsiket, but an everyday update on how bored you are is not needed here. I guess the point I am trying to say is your opinion matters, but dont give us daily updates on how boring your life is, and what you do to kill time....unless killing animals is your pasttime...I could tell you that "yep today I killed 12 beers" after work....but that is not the point of this site, I usually do and I try not to point that out (anymore) my main point is dude...if you are so bored and keep reminding us of that fact, then its time to find something else to kill that time with, maybe a second job, maybe time fishing by yourself, maybe a nap, or maybe a 12 pack.... think about it....people come to this site for info, not how bored you are all day long....
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 02:32:24 PM »
 thanks meathunter for the feed back it was so nice of you .im not a dude, i'm a man that took a bis-and made it into somthing so i dont have to work every day i'm very sorry that i bored you i was being a as#, just like some of my other post. but i throught this section on the web-site was called just jawin ??. and i don't see you making to many post on here so i take upon myself and try and get some JAWING started. but DUDE and i say DUDE i'm so bored . so today i sat in my back yard and played with the dogs and then shot 15 arrows then picked my nose then went inside .  COME ON DUDE , WHEN I WANT SOME KID TO . you know i'm just going to stop right here becuse most gps members that read that post are going to tell you that your a as#hole. i'm feel bad for you that you have to work 7 job's and pull weed's and drink on sale beer DUDE.  i feel better now BUT DUDE I'M STILL SO DAM# BORED!!!! :twisted:   NOW I SEE YOUR FROM NY  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 02:34:01 PM by sticker pt »
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 03:04:26 PM »
Now, now boys.........Play nice. :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 03:23:52 PM »
Yeeeee-Hawwwww ;D ;D ;D ;D

An online argument. O0

I haven't seen one of these in a while. O0

Nope, I am not going to pick sides. :)

Sticker - I try to shoot a few arrows a day to keep in tune, but I am having some serious difficulties with my bow.  I have some serious work to do before archery season gets here.  I am pretty sure that is going to involve getting a new bow.  And like I said in a previous post, I am sure you saw my list, if you need some work to do, stop by my place.

Meat Hunter #737 - Aside from your opinion on Sticker, I am in the same boat as you.  Busier than all get out.  There isn't nearly enough time in a day.  Money is always tight: Wife, Son, Daughter, Dog, Cat, House, Minivan, etc.  Always have to budget the funds.  And the stinking gas prices!!  I also got me one of those second jobs, thankfully, mine is at Gander Mtn.  So I get to speak with people similar to members on here and I get that nice employee discount, which messes with the budget.

Now, to the both of you.  Relax and take it easy.  No need to get all nasty and start name calling and such.  If someone puts up a post you don't like or have time to read, ignore it.  Everyone will be happier in the end.

Peace Out & Have a nice weekend O0

I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 10:11:16 AM »
Ahem. You fellas, like many, have too much energy to be between chores and having fun. So, you get bored. I would rather see you here having fun rather than being bored in front of the TV. I have more to do every day than I have time for, or am able to do. I am one of the lucky ones. We are here to get away from our stressful jobs, too. Ive had a rough week, Monday we had an accidental "blow" at work, 2 pals got killed and we had to go with the guys that look for body parts and stand guard over the blast area to shoot scavengers. We have been flooded by Army personell and government officials all week with no end in sight. The 2 killed were not fellas in my department. They were engineers/inspection guys and well known and well liked by all. The incident happened at the IAAAP, Middletown, Iowa. At least I can come here and let off some steam and get with all you great folks, getting some sanity back.   :D  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 12:21:36 PM »
sorry to here about that,  :'(

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 05:56:48 AM »
sticker, up front...sorry I came off harshly, we are all bretheren here...my opinion came off a bad night at work, and I released my steam in an unjustified attempt to make myself feel better... that said, you do come up with topics that get people talking in here, stuff that I have learned, and stuff that I wish I could also be doing...with my apologies I hope there arent any hard feelings...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 09:58:30 AM »
not at all we are all like family here, and we all know whats like to have family. O0 

Facebook Comments