November 23, 2017, 02:41:21 AM

Author Topic: Building arrows  (Read 1154 times)

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Building arrows
« on: June 15, 2006, 11:35:10 PM »
Is building your own arrows, or modifying them, kind of like reloading for a rifle?  Can you change stuff around to work better with your bow set up?  I have always just shot stuff of of the rack that was cut to fit my draw length with whatever inserts they put in them, and I haven't ever given much thought to the brand of vanes etc.  Does it save you $$$.. I am always up for that!!
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: Building arrows
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 03:54:00 PM »
Yes, building you own arrows can work for you.  You can change vanes, add lighted nocks, use feathers, add helical fletches, etc.  You can tune your arrows to your bow, rest, game being hunted, etc.  As with all equipment, once you go from "Off-The-Shelf" to "Custom"  the price always goes up.  If you do the custom work yourself, it will obviously cost less than having the shop do it for you.

A recent issue of Bowhunting world had a section detailing all of new arrows, inserts, fletching materials, rests, and bows available; worth a read in my opinion.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »
You are a stud Mad.. thanks.
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 05:02:33 PM »
i try to do everything i can for myself when it comes to archery.  its a good idea to learn about your equipment.  what happens if the archery shops closed?  some arrows all it takes is alittle more point weight or a bigger fletch or vice versa to get them to fly like bullets.  i like to start by shooting my arrows thruogh paper and go from there. the paper tear tells you alot.  i feel its more cost effcient to fletch your own, plus you can do a better job sometimes.

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 05:35:06 PM »
YALL' WHAT THAT GUY SAID.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Facebook Comments