October 17, 2017, 10:10:02 PM

Author Topic: camo ????  (Read 3498 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Re: camo ????
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 11:16:40 AM »
I'M STARTING TO LIKE THE NEW APX ADVANCED  IN MOSSY OAK BRUSH. I HAVE SOME FLAT LAND THAT I NEED TO DIG INTO AND MAKE A PIT BLIND TO HUNT THIS OLD MAN THAT CROSS'S THIS PLACE IN THE GRAY DARK TIME. O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 04:15:40 PM »
 well broke down and order 6 new shirt's , 3 in advantage HD MAX-1 AND 3 IN REALTREE HARDWOODS GREEN HD. not bad price from bass pro shop on sale for $ 14.95 ech  before sale price $29.95  O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 08:15:47 PM »
decided to try something new this year  camo blind
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 09:24:14 PM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline Bryan

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Kill it and Grill it.
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 01:36:10 PM »
I've never used camo.  Just muted greens, grays, and browns.

That is, until I walked into Gander Mountain two weeks ago.  They had Browning Gator Fleece on sale.  It came in Mossey Oak New Break-up.  I got the parka for $75, and the pants for $60.

I got the whole mess for $135.  Normally, I'd never spend this much money on something like this.  But, considering these items retail normally for $350, I saw this as an opportunity to own some quality warm weather camo at a price I can afford.  Good warm clothing is essential when deer hunting in Wisconsin.

I think it was about 85 degrees when I brought the camo home two weeks ago.  But, like a kid with a new toy, I put it all on and walked around the house to show everyone.  What an idiot I am!   :)

"Never shall innocent blood be shed,
yet the blood of the wicked will flow like a river...
For I shall spread my blackened wings...
and be the vengeful striking hammer of God."

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 01:42:02 PM »
wow now thats not too bad of a deal.. i guess gander mtn. is now known for two cheap things (poke mad river) i been looking at the mossy oak parkas, and like you said for that price you couldnt go wrong.... and oops forgot mad, you aint cheap just easy..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 03:24:11 PM »
Hey Bryan dont worry we all do that i got a new coon hunting light and tried it out right away at 2 pm. for some reason it wasnt very bright. As for mad "it costs alot of money to look this cheap" to quote a famous person
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Bryan

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Kill it and Grill it.
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »
...i got a new coon hunting light and tried it out right away at 2 pm. for some reason it wasnt very bright.

OK -- you owe me a new monitor.  After reading that, my afternoon coffee was detoured from it's journey to my stomach by making a stop at my computer screen.   ;D
"Never shall innocent blood be shed,
yet the blood of the wicked will flow like a river...
For I shall spread my blackened wings...
and be the vengeful striking hammer of God."

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 03:57:38 PM »
yeah let that be a lesson to the newbie dont play whos a bigger idiot with me either me or AB will win usually AB ;D

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 04:34:01 PM »
...i got a new coon hunting light and tried it out right away at 2 pm. for some reason it wasnt very bright.

OK -- you owe me a new monitor.  After reading that, my afternoon coffee was detoured from it's journey to my stomach by making a stop at my computer screen.   ;D

yeah i have done that a couple times here.. i think GP  should put a disclaimer on the site "warning may cause liquids to come out nose,etc"....
when in doubt shoot twice

Facebook Comments