November 19, 2017, 03:16:41 AM

Author Topic: The Rugrats  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
The Rugrats
« on: April 20, 2004, 09:34:23 PM »
I took the rug rats down to the river over the weekend.   We caught a few trees and rocks but also put some sore mouths back in the water.  It's a blast watching their faces when they start getting a hit.  Looks like those lifetime licenses will come in handy!   :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
The Rugrats
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 10:12:31 PM »
Sounds like fun!!!  so you bought them lifetime liscences???  THAT would be a great gift!!!
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
The Rugrats
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 10:53:59 PM »
Sore mouths back in the water?????  What happened to eating them?????
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
The Rugrats
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 10:47:45 AM »
Gutpiles, did they outfish you? Heh heh heh! I think that was a real great thing you did for them, buying them lifetime licenses. Say, how many short people you have, anyhow?  :mrgreen: We knife makers call them shop elves.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
The Rugrats
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 06:42:47 PM »
Or at the stage mine's at..........HOUSE DESTROYERS!!!!! :x

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
The Rugrats
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 10:20:24 PM »
LOL!   I've got two of the little varmints.  They definitely outfished me - I was just the bait man.  :roll:   hehe

Sore jaws is all we were after that day.  Up until recently,  their training has been on the lake.  I've just now started them out on the river in some of the wider spots.  Nothing in that area that's really worth eating.  Sorry John, I know that's hard for you to believe, huh?  :lol:   That's ok though, we'll be back in the crappie before long and it's hushpuppy time!   8)
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
The Rugrats
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 11:16:43 PM »
So I'm guessing that you could now be officially classified as a "Master-Baiter"??? 8)

About the only thing that you should throw back (unless John's with you) are the carp.  Sunfish, goggle-eyes, suckers, etc. are all really good eating.  Always carry a salt shaker, matches, and a sharp knife with you.  Cut some long branches and clean the bark off them (like roasting hotdogs).  Use the matches to build up a small fire.  Take the fish and cut the heads off of them behind the gills, and gut them.  Put them on the sticks and roast over the fire until the skin turns nice and black.  Take them off the sticks and put them on a nice flat rock nearby to cool for a minute or two.  Peel the skin back and you've got some really nice cooked fish.  Salt as needed!!

This will give the kids something to look forward to (I know I did), as well as keep them busy, and feed them!  How can you go wrong????? :D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
The Rugrats
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 08:12:12 PM »
BC, you ought to try that cooking on carp for a week, on an island during 100+ degree weather. The carp were real mudcarp, trapped in about 6-12" of drying mud and pothole water. No salt, grease, no nothing except fire and a stick. Matter of fact, it was a week camping trip that turned into a survival course. I am just glad I had something to shoot fish with. I don't reckon you folks would have wanted to stay for supper, huh?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
The Rugrats
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2004, 09:20:17 PM »
I'd rather not John..........Thanks anyway! :-&  :mrgreen:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments