November 19, 2017, 07:11:20 PM

Author Topic: "Widow Coulée" on the Missouri in MT  (Read 1488 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
"Widow Coulée" on the Missouri in MT
« on: June 28, 2006, 10:22:38 AM »
 :shock:
   We went to Widow on Sunday to run the Jet and do some fishing, the water was in great shape no logs and fairly clear and 70*. Just right for a good boat trip. We get down there an there are some people camped right on the boat ramp, one you can't over night camp there ant two they parked in the middle of the ramp!! It was early and we didn't wake them we put the boat in on the gravel and left. We went up and looked at the "Big Eddy" and decided to go back down the other way toward Carter. We went past Highwood creek and started to fish. Thats a fun trip by the way, some white water and standing waves in spots very do able! Any way we got a bunch of walleye, drum,goldeye, and some nice cats! While we were fishing a BLM boat with three Law boys and a FWP officer ( Wendy) pulled along side and boarded us to check out licenses, live well, life jackets, fire extinguisher, and horn(??)( no big deal), But we did FINK on the campers at the ramp. Later we saw them Towing a boat back to the ramp and found out later they didn't have ant life jackets on board and got a ticket( same people ) HA. HA! What goes around comes around!!! Any way we had a great trip and a trillion bug bites and hope to make it back again be fore the water drops too far.

O0
http://fwp.mt.gov/lands/site_6866780.aspx
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
Re: "Widow Coulée" on the Missouri in MT
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:49:50 AM »
Sounds like you had a wonderful time.  Sorry to hear about the bug bites, but that is part of the deal.  Glad you and your friends had the boat properly stocked and licensed; more people should follow your example - like the nitwits camping at the boat ramp.

One other thing, where are the pictures? ???
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 04:59:46 PM »
 :-[ there in two different cameras one I just took in to get developed the other needs to have some more pics taken then in to the developers. I'll post them as soon as I can :sad:
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 06:37:02 PM »
sounds like the campers give your river a bad rap, we have a boat ramp like that here. but that boat ride sounds like a good time. p.s can the women ware t-backs on the river? are women cant ware them on the beach but on a boat they can back in the day they would sell hot dogs on the side of the road in tiny tops with t-backs and people would check the girls out and crash there cars so fl. passed a bill/law to make it illegal to ware t-backs in public places. o.k i got off track here sorry about that. :D
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 09:40:57 AM »
WOW! Gals in T-backs!  :shock:  :twisted:  O0 Oops, got sidetracked! Those joker campers blocking the ramp, I would have yelled at them, early or not.  >:( I'm glad they got busted.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 06:09:38 PM »
One other thing, where are the pictures? ???
[/quote

« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 06:16:18 PM by D45/70 »

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 07:05:34 PM »
nice looking fish and the boat looks good two :) O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Facebook Comments