October 21, 2017, 10:08:59 AM

Author Topic: What Arrow Rest Do You Recommend?  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
What Arrow Rest Do You Recommend?
« on: June 28, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »
The old TM Hunter Rest on my bow is shot and I need to purchase a new one.  I do not want a fall away rest; they seem to have to many parts and complexities to deal with.  I have been looking at the Whisker Bisket and the new rest for New Archery Products.  I also find that magnetic air rest pretty cool, but haven't read up on it enough yet.

So, what are you using and what are your likes and dislikes about it?
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Re: What Arrow Rest Do You Recommend?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:16:51 PM »
 the new air rest is a joke.  i have used many rest in the 20 plus years of bow hunting and i all ways go back to the whisker bis .  ARROW NEVER FALLS OFF EVEN IF YOU FALL OFF THE STAND (DON'T ASK) AFTER YOU INSTALL THE BIS-FOR-GET ABOUT IT, IT WILL NEVER MOVE AND WITH THE NEW  BISKETS ON THE MARKET TODAY MAKE'S TUNING YOU REST VERY EASY.  but remember after you change out the rest check your nock height.  are you offsetting your nock at 90deg from string are straight lining nock points?    let me know if i can help.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 02:51:07 PM »
The drop away rests aren't as complicated to use as they may seem.. I put one on my Hoyt about 3 weeks ago and I really like it.  At a pro shop they will probably let you shoot some bows that have different rests on them and you can see what you like the best.
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 05:06:13 PM »
 AB i throught ex-con's could only hunt with a butter knife & spoon. i hope your prob-officer does not find out that your shooting a bow. and i cant belive you would let every body know that you own a hoyt the 20 yard are less bow.  AB when your ready to shoot with the man let me know and i will get you a deal on a mattews-swicthback a.k.a A MANS BOW :) 
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:05:15 AM »
Have you folks seen the new arrow rest, the one that suspends your arrow in midair? It's a series of magnets held in a circular frame, with the arrow in the center? I can't imagine how it would suspend aluminum and most other arrows. I saw their ad in a magazine.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 10:10:22 AM »
Have you folks seen the new arrow rest, the one that suspends your arrow in midair? It's a series of magnets held in a circular frame, with the arrow in the center? I can't imagine how it would suspend aluminum and most other arrows. I saw their ad in a magazine.

I think that thing is really cool.  O0  You put a magnetic insert in the tip of the arrow, which has the same polarity as the magnets in the rest housing.  The magnets are of the same polarity in both the arrow and the rest, so they push away from each other, centering the arrow inside the rest.  I haven't seen the pricing for it yet, but like I said, I seems really cool.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 01:31:01 PM »

I think that thing is really cool.  O0  You put a magnetic insert in the tip of the arrow, which has the same polarity as the magnets in the rest housing.  The magnets are of the same polarity in both the arrow and the rest, so they push away from each other, centering the arrow inside the rest.  I haven't seen the pricing for it yet, but like I said, I seems really cool.
$200.00 and they are a long way from working out the bug's with that rest and if you like to shoot a fast bow say over 250ibo   added weight at end of arrow tip not a good idel.  but when all the bug's are worked out with the rest and the arrow  it should be something to play with/shoot :)

Offline Sticker Pt.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 01:02:16 AM »
I love you Mad...   :twisted:
You might not be the best looking girl here, but beauty is only a light switch away.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 09:06:40 AM »

:sad: :-X :-[ ??? >:( :D

So, "Sticker Pt.", when will your true identity be revealed? ???  You really got to the other "Sticker". 8)  He called me at 7:36 AM this morning wanting to know if I knew who you really were. ;D  He believes you are AB JointOutfitters. ???  Well, who ever you are, you really got that poor boy shook up. ;D

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 11:45:18 AM »
<br damn, I'll gets me some action at Gut Pile Style. :twisted: :sad: :-X :-[ ??? >:( :D

8) He called me at 7:36 AM this morning wanting to know if I knew who you really were. ;D  ??? Well, who ever you are, you really got that poor boy shook up. ;D

He called you this morning!!!   :) ;D O0   
Wow... I feel left out guys... phone call abound and I haven't received any...  My feelings are hurt...

But damn... That is funny!!!!!  And to think that I never knew what I was missing until I found GP...
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Facebook Comments