October 22, 2017, 10:47:59 PM

Author Topic: What Arrow Rest Do You Recommend?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline allen

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: What Arrow Rest Do You Recommend?
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 06:59:41 PM »
i use a trophy taker drop away for hunting super quite and durable.

Offline XTEC

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 10:21:19 AM »
the new air rest is a joke.  i have used many rest in the 20 plus years of bow hunting and i all ways go back to the whisker bis .  ARROW NEVER FALLS OFF EVEN IF YOU FALL OFF THE STAND (DON'T ASK) AFTER YOU INSTALL THE BIS-FOR-GET ABOUT IT, IT WILL NEVER MOVE AND WITH THE NEW  BISKETS ON THE MARKET TODAY MAKE'S TUNING YOU REST VERY EASY.  but remember after you change out the rest check your nock height.  are you offsetting your nock at 90deg from string are straight lining nock points?    let me know if i can help.
  Yep couldn't of said it better myself. I have tried alot of rests and I keep comin' back to the trusty Whisker Bisket.

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 07:41:56 AM »
bisket for me...now sticker, as the season is getting closer what is the name of that turtle wax for the whiskers??  the bow I used last year I am letting my step kid borrow with whisker biskets and fiber optic sights...but I bought a new/used bow and bought my own whisker and fiber sights...but without looking through the past...what was that turtle wax formula??
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »
To get sticker's oppinion on things you will have to send him a direct e-mail as he is no longer a participating member of the board.  You can get it off of his profile or send me a pm and I will give it to you.
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 11:03:08 AM »
Just an update....

I went with the Whisker Biscuit Rest, and so far so good.  It has not started to warp or bend the vanes on the Carbon Express Maximas just yet.

Although, if I had the option when I ordered the Parker Hornet Package, I would have opted for the New Archery Products, Quicktune 360 Capture Rest, less arrow contact with the same holding abilities.

http://www.newarchery.com
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Facebook Comments