December 18, 2017, 03:26:17 PM

Author Topic: Steps for steel fence posts?  (Read 3349 times)

Offline stubby

Steps for steel fence posts?
« on: September 09, 2003, 06:13:08 AM »
I saw a new product advertized on one of the hunting or shootiing shows that quickly attached to the steel fence posts used for barbed wire. The steps were made of plastic I believe. They were to be carried and placed on the post when you encountered a barbered wire fence and then removed after you had crossed. They were not expensive as I remember but I can't seem to find any information about them or anywhere to purchase them. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about? :?:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 06:52:00 AM »
Yeah, I know what you're talking about.  I've got one made from metal.  I don't know if I would trust one made of plastic.  You've got to consider, that thing has to hold about 200 lbs on one side, and then the other.

I'll see if I can find mine to see if it's got a name on it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline DeathFromAbove

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 09:28:07 PM »
Did you guys ever find anything on this?  I remember seeing something like this in an advertisement on a hunting show - but can't find anything on web.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2003, 11:36:04 PM »
Sorry guys, I've been busyier than a cat trying to cover crap in a room bull of marbles!  I haven't had a chance to look for the step.  I know it's outside in the garage in a tool box with some of my other hunting stuff, but remembering to get out there and get the thing is a different story!

Gotta go to bed now.  I'll try to remember to get the thing tomorrow.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline john

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 09:36:27 AM »
hmmm picturing myself straddling barb wire standing on plastic pegs,,,,,no thanks i'll walkdown to the gate

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 08:58:29 PM »
Now this is a product I can use. I would prefer metal though. Any info on this product anyone?  Surely someone still makes 'em?
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 09:33:49 PM »
How about some of you new guys.  A bunny chaser like myself could really make use of these [-o<
(\__/)
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 11:18:09 PM »
Quote from: john
hmmm picturing myself straddling barb wire standing on plastic pegs,,,,,no thanks i'll walkdown to the gate
:shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: I gotta go with you on this one, 100%!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 12:04:17 PM »
tpoststepper.com
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2004, 08:39:51 PM »
Thanx APRock, I will have one of those
(\__/)
(")_(")

Facebook Comments