October 22, 2017, 12:45:22 AM

Author Topic: Since 1/1/04.....What Have You Hunted?  (Read 6437 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Since 1/1/04.....What Have You Hunted?
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2004, 10:16:05 PM »
Firekidd, I just got a Rifle Basix trigger for my .17.  I haven't had a chance to put it in yet, but am looking forward to it to see what it will do for it! :D  :D   How's the trigger on yours?  Mine has got just a little bit of creep, which I don't care for.  The pull weight it OK, but the creep ruins it.  I know right when and where it's going to break at, which is not necessarily a good thing at times.  Check Ebay for scopes and see what you come up with.

Ellwoodjake, can you go out the front door with a gun so your dogs won't see you?  You should really try turkey hunting!!!!!!  If turkeys had antlers, they'd be the most prized trophy on the North American continent!  Until that time, we'll have to make due with the spurs and beard! :D   The main thing about turkey hunting that screws people up is that they call too much.  The bird that I got opening morning, I called to about 4 times within a half hour.  Two times when he was on the roost to make sure he knew that I was there, and 2 times when he was coming in just so he would know that I was still there.  After I shot him, I had to sit there for a while and quit shaking!  Now that's a rush!!!!!!!! :D  :D   Bunnies are a lot of fun, but they just don't compare to turkey hunting once you get addicted to it! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2004, 10:36:02 PM »
Sorry jguys... I had a brain fart!!!!   I don't know why I said that the trigger and sear are the same part..... can't be wouldn't work...

So I did some looking up, and I found out that the pin that the sear pivots on is a different size.... that's why the old sears wouldn't work....

SORRY!!!!
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2004, 10:40:32 PM »
Now therein lies a problem. according to my wife I already have too many addictions. With one more I may end up like Brad Paisley-Yea I'm gonna miss her but I've gotta __________.  
 Fill in the blank: a. bite   b. fresh scrape  c. gobble   d. tree  e. hot race    
                         or f. all of the above
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 01:55:54 AM »
Well, I'm not a turkey hunter, but I did shoot a deer tonight. Yep. Shot it out of season, and at night, with a 9mm pistol and a maglight to shoot by. Gotcha going yet? It was legal. I was dispatched by the Lt. to a car/deer accident while on patrol tonight. The deer was hobbling around, and I let off one round at it's head, and that's all it took.  we are issued military ball ammo, and it does OK, really. We would rather carry HydraShocks or something good, but we are only allowed to carry Army issued weapons and ammo. Yep, my deer season has already started. As far as other hunting after Jan.1, our rabbit and squirrel was still open for a while, so the .17 was still getting a workout. The last day of Feb. was very cold and windy, and not even one rabbit was out. Got lots of walking and plowing through deep snow, but not a shot was fired.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2004, 06:52:46 AM »
A contractor that is doing some work for me here at home asked me to remedy a muskrat problem in his pond. He told me he has some groundhogs and turtles on his place, too. I loaned him one of my turtle traps and am heading out to his house this week with my .17 to "solve"  :twisted: his other problems. Our squacker season is not open (sigh) until Sept. 1. Geeze, it's still August!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2004, 06:42:48 PM »
Yes!!!!   I went hunting!!!!    Squack season openned up yesterday, got skunked.....
so to redeem my self, I went again today and I got three,  and missed a few more...
but I had a great time!!!!!
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

april

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2004, 11:28:33 PM »
Cool! 8)  All I've been gettin is dillos..lol. But, it's somethin. :?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2004, 12:19:48 AM »
Scared me there for a second April.  I thought you had said something else! :shock:  8)

I went to the Dr. today.  He told me I was off for another 3 weeks! :mrgreen:   Our squirrel season opens up this Saturday.  Looks like the squirrels are going to be living hard for at least 3 weeks down there! :twisted:

What!.....You missed Firekidd!!!!????  Let me guess, the gun was either off or your scope fogged up! :D   Just kidding!  This time of year they're pretty hard to hit sometimes with all of the leaves.

Just to make you feel a little worse, I've got a story for you.  A long time ago, my grandfather and one of his cousins decided to have a contest on who could get the most squirrels.  Both started out with a box of 100 cartriges (.22 LR).  The one that lost, had to buy the other another box of 100 cartridges.  My grandfather got 99, his cousin got 98.  This was with a .22 LR with open sights! :shock:   You never hear about the "old timers" being good shots, but they had to be because if they weren't, they went hungry!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

april

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2004, 02:21:03 AM »
Took me a while....but I finally caught on....lmao :oops:  :wink:

Offline buckeyebuck

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2004, 11:59:13 PM »
Still waiting for our squirrel season (Sept 1st)  It's been a long time since turkey season where I made a trip to Louisa Kentucky to kill a 24 pound longbeard (the picture is posted) and I also managed to kill two longbeards here in Ohio during our season.  BC's right, turkey hunting is awesome and is second only to bowhunting deer.  Fortunately for us in Ohio we have a fall turkey season too so if a turkey walks under my bow stand he'll catch a muzzy 100 grain broadhead. :twisted:
we don't hunt to live, we live to hunt

Facebook Comments