October 19, 2017, 07:26:51 PM

Author Topic: Since 1/1/04.....What Have You Hunted?  (Read 6431 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Since 1/1/04.....What Have You Hunted?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2004, 04:37:06 PM »
Update, folks. I haven't made it to the muskrats or groundhogs, but have been giving some squirrels some fatal contact with the ol' .17 HMR. I have a good case of chiggers and poison oak to go along with the freezer squirrels, too. That's why I'm right here now, instead of at work. Squirrel hunting has a rough side while hunting Iowa during warm weather! Scratch scratch scratch!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2004, 03:07:02 PM »
I hear ya!!!!
Indiana has the same problems while it's still green out.....
dose yourself with topical benadryl....  (cream or spray)
it won't make you drowsy that way....
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline D45/70

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2004, 03:07:14 PM »
:twisted: Well since the first of the year,HUMMMMM,let's see.Duck and geese season was still open till the 15th,so I did that. Then there was many trips out for coyotes, then cottentails started up, after that we did gophers , and later we started to pound prairie dogs.OOPS turkey and bear slipped in there some place.Sage grouse,sharpies,Huns,Doves,mountain grouse as of late have been the object of my attention,soon pheasants antelope, deer,elk, and bear.And of course back to ducks and geese. PS I'm an avid fisherman TOO!!!! :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2004, 09:03:53 PM »
D45/70, must be nice to get to hunt all those critters!!!!!  Wish I was in your neck of the woods! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2004, 10:07:49 AM »
:oops: Yes ,well we ( in Montana) do get Jaded and take things for granted. We have a great opportunity to hunt,fish, and just get out side! If it wasn't for this WORKthing it would be great. When I win the lottery my poor wife wont EVERsee my, I keep telling her she needs to start hunting!
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Facebook Comments