October 19, 2017, 07:00:21 AM

Author Topic: Grandma and the deer  (Read 680 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Grandma and the deer
« on: June 24, 2006, 10:14:13 PM »
From firstcoastnews.com   (WKYC)

CLEAVELAND, OH -- It is one of those stories you would not believe. An Ohio woman came face to face with a deer in her own home Wednesday.

She says she was watching TV when she went to let her dog out and ended up much to close for comfort to wildlife.

"She started trampling me, she wanted me dead,” Mary Blake said.

Blake, your typical grandma, was in a fight for her life just inside her door.

"When you are sitting in your family room watching TV, let the dog out you don't expect to get stampeded,” Blake said. "I tried to shut the door. She sprung the door and knocked me into the wood basket."

Just as the deer was running into her house, Blake got a glimpse of the fawn the doe was trying to protect.

She was cut and bleeding and the deer wasn't done. It was an attack that left Blake with 27 stitches and plenty of bruises.

"I punched her in the nose and karate chopped her,” Blake said. “I kicked her.”

That's when Buddy came to the rescue and distracted the deer.

"So she turned around and I got up, grabbed the phone and I ran for the front door,” Blake said.

Before police arrived, the deer tore up Blake’s dining room.

This was a case of the mother protecting her young, that's why Blake forgives the animal and is glad police chased it out and did not shoot it.

"I feel sorry for them, they were here first,” she said.

Police managed to chase it out and Blake will never forget it but this one won't be dear to her heart.

"It was trying to kill me, that's not Bambi you know,” she said.

Blake didn’t suffer any broken bones but doctors say she will need plastic surgery on one of her cuts.

Created: 6/15/2006 5:55:14 PM
Updated: 6/21/2006 5:45:31 PM
 Gary Detman, Nightside EP
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Grandma and the deer
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 09:49:34 PM »
That venison was pretty close to the freezer!  O0 Kick and punch, no way! I would have shot the deer and been done with it.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Re: Grandma and the deer
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 06:32:40 PM »
 my kids would have made a pet out of it after they broke it down rodeo style ( NO CRITTER IN MY HOOD COMES WITH-THEN 100 YARDS OF ARE HOUSE BECUSE THEY KNOW THAT A 4 FOOT TALL BLUE EYE CRITTER GETTER LIVES HERE)  ;D
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Facebook Comments