November 22, 2017, 03:08:09 PM

Author Topic: ? to buy 308 are not to buy ?  (Read 3010 times)

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
? to buy 308 are not to buy ?
« on: July 14, 2006, 08:15:22 PM »
 at the gun shop my buddy own's they have a savage sniper gun all set up with bi-pod nice costom stock and a big very big lep-scope on it i have know use for a gun like this in the box they have a 2x3in card with a 3 shot group in the center of the card from 100 yards well it looks like one hole through the card ( cool & the rifle looks like something out of a movie  :) )  but what do you do with a 308 police sniper rilfe all dressed up with nobody to kill ? it's not like i live in a place with big hill's and need to make 500+ yard shot's (  that rilfe looks soooo da#n cool ) and it would set me back with all the toy's installed + that high $$ ammo i would want to shoot through it about $1200.00  thats allot of $$ ( BUT THAT RILFE LOOKS SOOO COOL ) and my wife would kick my a$$ big time  ( MAN THAT 308 WITH THE HVY-BULL BARRLL IS SOOOO SOOOO DA#N COOL ) what to do?
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Re: ? to buy 308 are not to buy ?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 02:03:37 PM »
Who wears the pants in your house :-P go ahead and buy it-I triple dog dare you!!! :twisted:
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 02:28:55 PM »
I don't know about the savage .308 sniper but I know the Lapua .308 is an awesome gun?  The Lapua's sell for about $1800-$2300 depending on the setup....  One of the guys I hunt with bought a Lapua a couple years ago and he knocks G-hogs off at over 800 yards with it.....   :shock:

It is a real heavy gun and in my opinion would be way to heavy for a carry gun while hunting. It works great for stationary hunting like G-hogs and other vermin.....

They are accurate and made to shoot exceptionally smooth.....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:30:43 PM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 03:33:33 PM »
NICE GUN STONY.  AND KNOW I DON'T WARE THE PANTS, NOW ARE YOU HAPPY YOU MADE ME SAY IT ;D
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 02:01:59 AM »
It is a great gun... but for $1200 you can get some pretty neat stuff.  I am going to leave the pants comment alone...Just too easy.  I have a bull barrel savage in 22-250 that will shoot 1in groups...at 200 yards.  It was only about $500 and the burris 4.5X14 on it was $250.  Even though that is $750, you could still buy it and have enough $$ left over to buy two other guns...or any combination of things that you can imagine worth $450.  There is a-lot to be said for buying a great shooting rifle and still having $$ left over for more toys.  Think of it like this... you were already going to spend the $1200...this way you still get a rifle for your $1200, but lots of other cool stuff for free!! 
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 03:23:50 AM »
Or, he could send ME the $1200 and I'll send him a cetrified document saying he owns Canada. :roll: :twisted:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 06:09:38 AM »
Hey

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 09:21:39 AM »
Or, he could send ME the $1200 and I'll send him a cetrified document saying he owns Canada. :roll: :twisted:
;D  ;D  ;D I like the .308, but would choose a lighter carrying .308 hunting rifle if I intended to carry it very far, as in hunting. $1200 is a lot to spend for rifle only!  :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 12:20:49 PM »
ok coming from someone who just got into the g-hawg hunting, and bought a savage .243 for it, and also hunted with a friends .308 rem. i would say that would be a great gun for extreme distance for anything from hawgs and up.. but definatly not something for carrying through the woods. also along with the ammo for it, yes the card shows 3 shot one hole with "X" brand. if you dont use "X" then you donno where it will shoot.. i wouldnt do it, i would do something like find a rifle i liked and build it myself to what i wanted it for, spend a ballpark total of 800 on it, then go and spend the rest on the wife... keep her happy it does wonders for keeping you happy...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 02:00:54 PM »
thanks to all, and if i buy canada does that give me and all my buds here at gps hunting rights if so it's a deal O0

Facebook Comments