November 24, 2017, 08:57:05 PM

Author Topic: Even ARA's should support hunting 100%. Here's why,  (Read 2178 times)

Offline **Star**

• Rookie Club Member
Even ARA's should support hunting 100%. Here's why,
« on: July 15, 2006, 05:19:05 PM »
Hunting has nothing to do with violence or aggression. Almost every hunter will tell you they love animals. Yet, hunters kill animals. How do you explain that? It's a little like farming or gardening. People protect and care for their chickens and their vegetable plants, only to end up using them for food. Hunters support conservation of wild places and laws that protect wildlife populations, but they use some of the wildlife for hunting-not just killing, and not just eating, but to experience hunting.
The various licenses, fees and taxes on hunting and hunting equipment fund more than 90 percent of the budgets of state fish and wildlife agencies.

Since 1923, sales of state hunting licenses, tags and permits have provided more than $10.2 billion for wildlife management, habitat acquisition and enhancement and conservation law enforcement.

The Federal Duck Stamp Program has generated more than $500 million for the purchase and protection of wetlands, with duck stamp revenue reaching $22.9 million annually by 1996.
http://www.fws.gov/duckstamps/Conservation/conservation.htm

The Pittman-Robertson Act has distributed more than $3.8 billion to state fish and wildlife agencies since 1937.
http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stusfd16usc669.htm

In addition, the more than 15 million licensed hunters in the United States direct money, time and effort to conserve wildlife and habitat as individuals and through local clubs, state conservation groups, state hunting organizations and many national associations.
The 1996 National Survey of Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife Associated Recreation reports that hunting expenditures totaled $20.6 billion, with $11.3 billion going for hunting equipment, $5.2 billion for trip-related expenses and $4.1 billion for other expenses such as land leases, membership dues and licenses.

Combined with fishing and trapping licenses and taxes, the total sportsmen's wildlife conservation contribution for 2000 was over $3.7 billion.
Hunters' dollars and efforts have paid off for wildlife. In the 1920s many wildlife populations were at historic lows, but now they are booming. As the graphic shows.
http://www.ncpa.org/pub/ba/ba377/wildlife.gif

White-tailed deer populations had declined to approximately 300,000, wild turkey to fewer than 30,000, pronghorn antelope to only 25,000 and North American elk to 50,000; the wood duck was nearly extinct and there were fewer than 500 bison.
Today there are more than 20 million white-tailed deer, more than 4 million turkeys (with populations in every state but Alaska) and more than 1 million antelope and elk.
Wood ducks, numbering over 3 million, are the most common breeding waterfowl in the U.S., and bison number 350,000.

By conserving habitat for game animals, hunters benefit non-game wildlife as well. For instance, hundreds of threatened and endangered non-game animals live on the 9 million-plus acres restored by Ducks Unlimited, a private conservation organization founded by duck hunters.
http://www.ducks.org/

Hunting also helps our community.
Did you know that one average sized deer can provide meat for 200 hungry people?

Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry has served 12,800,000 meal since starting in 1997.
http://www.fhfh.org/cgi-bin/index.asp

Hunters for the hungry
http://www.nrahq.org/hunting/hungry_nat_list.asp

"Hunt Of A Lifetime"
Is a nonprofit organization with a mission to grant hunting & fishing adventures and dreams for children age 21 and under, who have been diagnosed with life threatening illnesses. We are doing what we can to make a difference in their life, a dream come true.
http://www.huntofalifetime.org/

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Re: Even ARA's should support hunting 100%. Here's why,
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »
PREACH IT SISTER O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 07:41:54 PM »
JUST READ this on a post by BIG58 i have never seen this on funny stuff. "I LIKE CATS, I JUST CAN'T EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF" ;D ;D ;D ;D. HAVE ANY OF YOU PLAYED THAT GAME CALLED SAIL CAT, IT GOES LIKE THIS 1ST FIND A DEAD FLAT CAT ON THE ROAD ( ANY SIZE WILL DO. MY SELF I LIKE THE SMALL ONE'S O0) PICK IT UP AND FING IT LIKE A FRISBE AND HOW EVER THOW'S IT THE FARTHEREST WIN'S THE GAME.    P.S SOULD BE A SEASON FOR PETA-ER-HEADS!!! :twisted:
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 12:29:06 AM »
Feline Frisbee. ;D ;D  You should have a contest at the Gut Pile Shindig. :-X
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 11:57:04 AM »
Mad... It seems that you are working hard on this lovely Friday!!   O0
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 12:56:09 PM »
Mad... It seems that you are working hard on this lovely Friday!!   O0

It's a wee bit slow around here all of a sudden. :'(

Work comes and goes in short spurts lately. >:(

That and I am off all next week, so I gotta get rested up for my fishing and drinking vacation. :twisted:
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 01:31:49 PM »
That and I am off all next week, so I gotta get rested up for my fishing and drinking vacation. :twisted:

Can I get an Amen...... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 01:54:46 PM »

Can I get an Amen...... O0

Amen  ;D ;D ;D

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 04:02:08 PM »
 YOU MEN BE SAFE O0. DON'T ROCK THE BOAT BABY ROCK THE BOAT :D
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline **Star**

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 03:46:03 PM »
I havnt once had ant ARA turd or petard try and debate me on this. :D

Facebook Comments