October 22, 2017, 03:21:03 PM

Author Topic: A new bow for me....maybe  (Read 6236 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: A new bow for me....maybe
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 10:16:50 AM »
Personally, in terms of Axle to Axle Length, I would say just about anything over 32" that is in your price range.  Again, that is why last night I was talking up and showing you the Fred Bear Code and Diamond Liberty Compound Bow.  Then, on the way home I remembered the Reflex Highlander.  Any of them would be a good choice for you.  If it were me making the purchase, I would get the Liberty.

By the way, check your email.  I sent you a copy of the bow review, in PDF Format, from Field & Stream, I mentioned earlier.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 10:24:13 AM »
Not to hijack the thread, but...

Sticker, when you first joined this site, I could barely understand what you were trying to say.  The more you post, the better your English seems to be getting and I can understand what you are saying.  Keep it up.

Than again, I cood bee gettin stoopider frum readin you stuff a'nat. :twisted:
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 10:36:51 AM »
I'm sure the liberty is the cat's meow, but that's a little more that I would like to spend. :shock:  $600 plus all the other stuff I'd need is a little too much.  I liked the price of the Highlander kit, but like sticker said it might be better to buy the bow and then buy all the other stuff after...probably be cheaper too.

I don't want to spend a lot, but I also don't want an obsolete piece of crap that I'm either gona hate or need to buy a new one in a few years.  I liked the Highlander until you said that by todays standards it's a little obsolete.  I'd rather spend a little more money now and have a bow for a while, then spend a little now then have to spend more in a few years because my bow is crap already....

??? :-\
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »
I'm sure the liberty is the cat's meow, but that's a little more that I would like to spend. :shock:  $600 plus all the other stuff I'd need is a little too much.  I liked the price of the Highlander kit, but like sticker said it might be better to buy the bow and then buy all the other stuff after...probably be cheaper too.

I don't want to spend a lot, but I also don't want an obsolete piece of crap that I'm either gona hate or need to buy a new one in a few years.  I liked the Highlander until you said that by todays standards it's a little obsolete.  I'd rather spend a little more money now and have a bow for a while, then spend a little now then have to spend more in a few years because my bow is crap already....

??? :-\ buy any FRED BEAR / MARTIN / PSE and you will have a bow for life O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 10:44:55 AM »
There is nothing wrong with the Reflex Highlander and I never said it was obsolete.  It is just a little behind the times, that is all.  There would be no need to replace it after a year or three, unless you really wanted to.

Okay, since you couldn't open the PDF file I sent you, I will attach it here.  I looked through Field & Stream and no where did I find any piracy clauses or that reproducing the artical was illegal.  Full credit for the attachment artical should be given to Field & Stream Magazine.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 11:28:51 AM »
Sorry I guess you didn't say obsolete, just behind the times.... :-[

I guess I'm back to where I was this morning, go shoot some and see how I like them.... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 11:36:41 AM »

This is the point where I must interject. Just because a bow is obsolete by todays standards does not make it any less efficient than any bow today or tommorrow. My compound bow is older than several members on this site (and almost as old as I am) and the only way I'll "upgrade" is if it breaks on me outright. Regardless of which bow you choose, it has to feel good to you. Once you find that one that just fits, you develop that same bond to your bow as you would to any of your favorite firearms. When you DO get that bow that feels right in your hands, buy it. Then, practice, practice, practice... Bows are like guns, more often than not, they are more accurate than you are.

And by the way, I would recommend checking out gunbroker.com for some bows as well. For instance, this auction (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=52545344) has some serious compounds for sale.
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 11:59:31 AM »
Thanks for the info KS... O0

This is so much tougher than preparing for rifle hunting....go buy a rifle...they are all the same basic technology, it just all depends on how much lead you want to throw and how fast you want it to go.  No ATA length, pull, let off, rest, quiver...... :D  You want more bullets, put some in your pocket.  O0

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2006, 12:51:29 PM »
Thanks for the info KS... O0

This is so much tougher than preparing for rifle hunting....go buy a rifle...they are all the same basic technology, it just all depends on how much lead you want to throw and how fast you want it to go.  No ATA length, pull, let off, rest, quiver...... :D  You want more bullets, put some in your pocket.  O0

wow i cant believe you just said that... i will toss ya the daughters cut down moss 500 and then toss ya my moss 500 two totally different shotguns.. but they are the same.. oh and you never said the two smartest at gander mountain what were the girls names?   :-P
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2006, 03:30:21 PM »
i'm sorry to say this but KS SNIPER is wrong newer bow's are much more better then old bow's that your paw used. but this post is going no where it's like beating a dead AB with a long stick the more you poke at it the odd's of being cut with those big a$$ tusk hanging out the side of his jaw keeps getting higher & high'er ;D.
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Facebook Comments