October 23, 2017, 07:39:54 AM

Author Topic: Bow & Stand for $300.00  (Read 3189 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Bow & Stand for $300.00
« on: July 20, 2006, 03:57:16 PM »
Well, I was cruising though the For Sale items in a local paper and happend across an add reading, "Bow & Stand: $300.00."

So, I called the guy and left a message.  He returned my call and left me a message that he gets off work at 4:00.  He said the bow was a Reflex Game Getter and the Stand was a Hunter's View Climbing Stand.  He went on to say he got them as a birthday gift two years ago from an uncle and he ever got into it much.  He said the bow shoots well, had Fiber Optic Sights, a decent rest, arrows with broad head and field points, and a release aid, and quiver.  He said he used the stand twice, but became afraid of hights and won't go anymore.

Brad, if the bow is left handed, it's yours, if it's right handed it's Jake's.

I'll post the results of my find later on this evening. O0
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 04:25:31 PM by Mad River »
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: Bow & Stand for $300.00
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 04:39:07 PM »
dang how do u find deals like that all i find are ones that say" good bow for sale string only broke in one place stand in good shape only welds broke are on ladder"
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 05:00:43 PM »
Ok.... O0

I'm all over that, let me know later what you find out... ^-^
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 05:33:49 PM »
 brad you have put us all through hell the last two days and now your going to let that big headed cuz-buy a bow that you have not seen LIKE HELL YOU ARE me and allen on the next plane to that backwoods place you call home. ;D  p.s it does sound like you might have a deal O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 12:19:34 AM »
Update, the bow was a Right Handed, Reflex Archery, Model JG, 50-60# Draw Weight, with a 53.5" String Length, and no markings for draw length.  It came with a cheap two prong rest, plastic fiber optic sights, a worthless plastic 4 arrow quiver, and a super cheap release.  The bow was really clean and in perfect shape but the accesories sucked rocks.  Plus, he could not locate the owners manual.  I am going to see if I can find the draw length and see if it will work for my stepson, Jake.  I think I can get him down to about $80.00 for the bow with a little prodding.  However, I need to research the bow a little more to see what it is worth.  If anybody has some information, let me know.

I did buy the climbing tree stand from the kid.  It was used twice, if at all.  It is in perfect condition, there aren't even any marks or scratches on the tree straps or standing platform.  It is a Hunters View Climbing Stand that the kid paid $175.00 for.  I got it for $60.00.  Seemed like a good deal, plus the kid, maybe 19 years old, was really hard up for cash.  So, even if I over paid, I feel like I did a good deed.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 07:47:13 AM »
Good Deal... O0

Now you guys both have tree stands, I can see you both climbing trees and dropping stuff on me.... >:( :twisted:
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 08:11:07 AM »
Good Deal... O0

Now you guys both have tree stands, I can see you both climbing trees and dropping stuff on me.... >:( :twisted:

Actually, I now have Three (3) Climbing Tree Stands.  One of them is a little rough looking but should function well, after a thorough cleaning and inspection.  So, you may not need to be a ground hunter.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 09:35:07 AM »
Cool....thanks.... :)

Now all I need to do it buy a bow, arrows, camo and a license ( :shock:)  I guess I won't be able to eat now until I kill a deer..... :twisted:

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 09:36:34 PM »
I finally got the details on the bow the guy was selling.  It is a Reflex Teton, 50-60# Draw, Made in 2001, with a 25" to 28" Draw length.  He would have taken $100.00 for the bow, but the draw length is too short, and he lost the cam that would allow a draw length of 30".  So, no purchase was made.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2006, 11:02:08 AM »

Now all I need to do it buy a bow, arrows, camo and a license ( :shock:) I guess I won't be able to eat now until I kill a deer..... :twisted:

Hey there Mad and Brad (hey that rhymes) what management unit do you guys get doe tags for?  If possible, try getting 2C as we have tons of doe that need shot this year....

I'd hate to see Brad have starve this fall since he's spending all his food money on hunting equipment.....  :roll:

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Facebook Comments