November 23, 2017, 01:35:55 PM

Author Topic: Attention Bare-trax and Bearman  (Read 6164 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Attention Bare-trax and Bearman
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 10:51:13 AM »
I noticed a previous post bashing the baiting for bear. I can tell you from experience, it's the only way you will get a shot at a bear in many areas, you have to use bait.  Of course, not in all areas, but probably the majority of the heavily wooded areas. In those areas where you have to bait, you probably won't even see a bear during your whole hunting trip unless you do bait.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 01:18:09 PM »
I too would like to hear the story about the bear and the spear!!!  This sounds like something I would like to do!!
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »
bearman..................thats cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My ancestors probably used spears on them, but not this guy........I'll stick to the bows and the thundersticks :twisted: ...........as far as the post knocking us " baiters ".........tfb......There are many methods to hunting bears, and just because we pursue this form of hunting, so what. Its not like we are seeking the blessing of anyone, as far as I'm concerned. This just gives the anti's more ammo when they can get hunters in general to start bickering and calling other forms of the sport down. My advice is if you dont like what me and bearman have to say, don't read our posts.........plain and simple. ...........csp...........giver with the recurve. Like bearman stated, most bears expire within a couple of minutes of being arrowed. As long as shot placement is good, you're in good shape. And as bearman also stated, they usually run the other way. Good luck and have fun O0
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 03:44:15 PM »
ok right off let me say I never bear hunted at all.  now as per hunting over bait, I thought thats how you hunted bear?!? now onto personal thoughts on it, if you are going to hunt something that has the better than 50% possability to kill you while you are trying to kill it, every little bit helps in my eyes!!
         now the question, and dont take it that i am busting on you (anyone that means) but ok bear comes tromping through, you raise up and stick him with a pointy lil stick (arrow) and he/she decides to not run the other way.. so you pull the back up and put it down with pistol or rifle shot, do you yourself classify it as got one with a bow? serious question, how would you? yes first shot was with a bow but ya killed it with something else...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Morax

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 06:17:49 PM »
not at all as in not for a back up "oh crap" shot?? wow ok.. ok so then now are the bows used for bear and the like a heavier pull or you just got to be a good shot to place it correctly? i know the normal "it only takes a .22 to drop "X" " but now bear hide gotta be tougher than a whitetail

Offline Morax

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 07:11:53 PM »
We can only have a pistol to use at the target range. A bears hide is acually thinner than a deers. You have thick hair and lots of fat to deal with but they are easily killed with a well placed shot and a average weight bow. By the way I shot three bears with a 22.

well color me learned something new... i woulda figured bigger animal thinker hide ya know... damn....

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2006, 11:13:32 AM »
Yeah, the spear story, when you can, bearman! We bow hunted them, and I had one good short gun hunt. The first thing I learned while bowhunting was how quiet they are. Then, I learned how quick they are, 0 to 35 in nothing flat, and how they can run through 3" and 4" brush without slowing down.  :shock: Another thing is how completely unpredictable they are. This, you keep in your mind while hunting them on the ground.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2006, 06:49:13 AM »
my question is...because I never hunted for bear but here in NY our bear season opens in sept. and my cousin and I have never hunted for them; more or less are going into "bear country" to scout for deer and take a bear if we see one...is there a market for the fur??  , and I ask this because I can sell off deer, racoons, and coyote to the neighborhood "fur shed" and I have seen him hanging fisher & martin but I d have never read anything in our local"fur report" about bear and the $$... and is there anyother ways to make a $ for ammo and such from a bear I have killed??I would love a little feed back...because I only get $5 for a 'coon (unskinned) and $5 for a deer hide...a little more for a coyote...but in the "fur" trade, I cant remember seeing anything about bear... :-\
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 09:35:58 AM »
my question is...because I never hunted for bear but here in NY our bear season opens in sept. and my cousin and I have never hunted for them; more or less are going into "bear country" to scout for deer and take a bear if we see one...is there a market for the fur??  , and I ask this because I can sell off deer, racoons, and coyote to the neighborhood "fur shed" and I have seen him hanging fisher & martin but I d have never read anything in our local"fur report" about bear and the $$... and is there anyother ways to make a $ for ammo and such from a bear I have killed??I would love a little feed back...because I only get $5 for a 'coon (unskinned) and $5 for a deer hide...a little more for a coyote...but in the "fur" trade, I cant remember seeing anything about bear... :-\

Five dollars for an unskinned coon seem reasonable.  Five dollars for a deer hide seem way to cheap.  Instead of taking the deer hide to the "Fur Shed", you might want to consider looking into selling it to some of the "Primative Shooting" Clubs in your area.  You know, the guys that make their own bows and muzzelloaders and run around in the primative leather wear.  A guy I work with is into that stuff, and deer hides usually run $20.00 to $30.00.  You could also look into selling them to taxidemist shops.  As far as bear hides go, same as deer hides.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 09:51:16 AM »
bear country.. isnt this a little bit of a misnomer? where i hunt durring the times i can get away in the week, they pulled 3 bear out of there in the past 3 years, and there has been reports of a bigger papa bear runnin round too i say this only because where i hunt is rather populated, not in the proverbial bear country" in the mountains.

Facebook Comments