November 21, 2017, 05:13:54 AM

Author Topic: Three more down!  (Read 1463 times)

Offline **Star**

• Rookie Club Member
Three more down!
« on: July 23, 2006, 11:48:10 AM »
Three plead guilty in ELF/ALF arson attacks

EUGENE - Three suspects entered guilty pleas Thursday in U.S. District Court to criminal conspiracy and related arson charges in crimes tied to the Earth Liberation Front and Animal Liberation Front between 1996 and 2001 in Oregon and four other Western states, including the 1997 blaze that destroyed the Cavel West horse-rendering plant in Redmond.

U.S. District Judge Ann Aiken accepted the pleas and set sentencings for Dec. 14.

Prosecutors said Kevin Tubbs,37, Kendall Tankersley, 29, and Darren Todd Thurston, 36, acted in a cell of underground groups known as the ELF and ALF.

In their guilty pleas, the defendants acknowledged that they and their group sought to influence and affect the conduct of government, private business, and the civilian population through force, violence, sabotage, mass destruction, intimidation and coercion, and to retaliate against government and private businesses by similar means.

In addition to admitting participation in the overall conspiracy, the defendants pled guilty to active participation in the following specific crimes:

KEVIN TUBBS:

-Arson, U.S. Forest Service Oakridge Ranger Station; Oakridge, Oregon; October 30, 1996;

-Arson, Cavel West, Inc., horse-rendering facility; Redmond, Oregon; July 21, 1997;

-Arson, U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Wild Horse and Burro Facility; Burns, Oregon; November 30, 1997;

-Attempted Arson, U.S. Forest Industries; Medford, Oregon; December 22, 1998;

-Arson, Childers Meat Company; Eugene, Oregon; May 9, 1999;

-Arson, Eugene Police Department West University Public Safety Station; Eugene, Oregon; September 6, 2000;

-Arson, Superior Lumber Company; Glendale, Oregon; January 2, 2001;

-Arson, Jefferson Poplar Farm; Clatskanie, Oregon; May 21, 2001.

KENDALL TANKERSLEY (also known as Sarah Kendall Harvey):

-Attempted Arson, U.S. Forest Industries; Medford, Oregon; December 22, 1998;

-Arson, U.S. Forest Industries; Medford, Oregon; December 27, 1998.

DARREN TODD THURSTON:

In addition to the overall conspiracy, Thurston acknowledged active participation in the October l5, 200l arson at the BLM's Litchfield Wild Horse and Burro Facility near Susanville, California. He will plead guilty to that separate charge upon its transfer to the District of Oregon.

In addition to the above arsons and attempted arsons, the overall conspiracy included similar crimes at the U.S. Forest Service Detroit Ranger Station in Marion County, Oregon, on October 28, 1996; the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Animal, and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) in Olympia, Washington, on June 21, 1998; the BLM Wild Horse Holding Facility in Rock Springs, Wyoming, on October 11, 1998; the Vail Ski Facility in Eagle County, Colorado, on October 19, 1998; offices of the Boise Cascade Company in Monmouth, Oregon, on December 25, 1999; a Bonneville Power Administration high-voltage transmission tower in near Bend, Oregon, on December 30, 1999; the Joe Romania Chevrolet Truck Center in Eugene, Oregon, on March 30, 2001; and the University of Washington Horticulture Center in Seattle, Washington, on May 21, 2001.

Federal prosecutors said the three men have agreed to cooperate and provide assistance to the government in the investigation and prosecution of other co-conspirators involved in arson, conspiracy and related crimes.

Each count of arson and attempted arson carries a mandatory minimum prison term of five years up to a maximum of 20 years. The conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of five years.

Morer guilty pleas by other co-defendants are expected Friday in Eugene, prosecutors said.

The case was jointly investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the Eugene Police Department, the Bureau of Land Management, the U.S. Forest Service, the Oregon State Police, the Lane County Sheriff's Office and the Oregon Department of Justice's Criminal Justice Division.

The case is being handled by Assistant U.S. Attorney Kirk Engdall in Eugene, Assistant U.S. Attorney John Ray in Eugene, and Assistant U.S. Attorney Stephen F. Peifer in Portland.

http://www.ktvz.com/sorry.cfm?CFID=6830744&CFTOKEN=98748732

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Re: Three more down!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 02:46:28 PM »
Domestic Terrorists...  Don't like it at all...not at all.  Good thing that they got these guys.  I am always amazed at the things stupid, or misinformed people do when they become fanatical about it.  Lots of us are fanatical about hunting, but we are rational and don't go around burning down vegetarian restaurants...  that makes about as much sense as some of the activities that the AR's do. 
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 03:42:15 PM »
 whats up with these folks?? and you are right AB what would happen if us hunters started to hunt the folks from ( i'm not going to use you name they ant"" worth the waste of time to spell it ) they need to get a grip kid's that hunt and fish stay out off the streets & out of  jail ( IT'S A FACT ) i just went scouting today with my bud and the kids we saw about 12 doe's and 3 small buck and a all white turkey hen with chick's  WOW they loved it and was asking when are we coming back.......  i'm a bit tired are i could keep on goind about this issuse
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 02:43:04 AM »
In my books, this is a major step in the right direction. Down with People Employing Terroristic Activities. >:(
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 09:30:39 AM »
Those domestic terrorists are firebugs with attitude. Luckily, nobody has died in their fires and destruction. They need to be dealt with as the terrorists they are. Domestic or foreign, it's all the same, the results. Some additional federal laws have been passed to deal with such acts, some charges added onto terrorist acts and illegal acts on federal lands. They discover the additional charges when they are arrested, when the federal folks enter into the act. We added some additional charges to some individuals recently, surprising them a great deal. Until then, they figured they were just facing some state charges and were probably going to get off pretty light.  :twisted: Instead of being back on the street, they went to prison for a goodly number of years. :) I am proud to being a part of their demise!  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »
 1 HELLFIRE SHOULD DO THE TRICK O0
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Facebook Comments