October 19, 2017, 12:23:32 PM

Author Topic: New Member Says Hello from Georgia  (Read 1471 times)

Offline Chief31794

New Member Says Hello from Georgia
« on: July 28, 2006, 04:13:00 PM »
Just found this Forum.  Very interested in Squirrel Hunting.  Hunted Deer for years gettin a little old to climb trees, so now I'm enjoying hunting bushytails for relaxation.  Got two Rat Terrier pups (Lucky Bumpkin and Dixie Doodle) and I expect they'll be joining me in the woods starting in about two weeks since Georgia Squirrel season opens on Aug 15.

Howdy to everyone!
God Bless America and Those That Defend Her!

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Re: New Member Says Hello from Georgia
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 04:19:58 PM »
WELCOME TO THE PILE
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:09:52 PM »
Welcome aboard Chief!  We've definitely got our share of tree rat chasers!  You'll fit right in!   O0
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 10:02:12 PM »
welcome, what part of Georgia are you from... great state & lots of bushy tails...
I envey you for the pups... dogs truely are a mans best friend.
Happy hunting.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline Chief31794

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 06:24:17 AM »
CZSQ, I live in Tifton and work in Albany.  You from GA? THanks for the welcome, I've lived here for the past 16 years since I retired from the Army. Love the pups, they are a riot and smart as a whip.  I'm taking them to a park today to observe them around tame bushytails.

Offline Chief31794

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 06:30:45 AM »
Thanks everyone for the welcomes.  I read through the squirrel hunting posts before I joined.  Very interesting site.  According to what I read, it is mandatory that I hunt with a .22, a .177 with or without scope and several various shotgun gauges then I have to stand hunt, still hunt and use my dogs.  I was worried I wouldn't get any useful information to help me improve my squirrel bag.  Just kidding, seems there are plenty of oppinions on the right way to do things out here.  I am really enjoying the site.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 08:23:09 AM »
Chief, welcome to the GP gang! You will fit right in here, a fellow squirrel chaser.  O0 Some of us are .17HMR snipers, others using everything on the market. Ditto on your squirrel dogs, some of us and I love our squirrel pups.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline TopGunnr

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 11:46:41 AM »
Welcome aboard! I'm a newbie here also , but the place looks very cool! Squirrel huh? nothin wrong with that. Cajun fried squirrel with gravy over bisquits. mmmmmmmmmm O0
Animals can have rights when they vote, until then they have the right to sit on my grill covered in bbq sauce!

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 12:06:04 PM »
Welcome You will find we all have opions on every thing and nobodies afraid to voice them. So give your opion on anything we dont bite well except for sticker pt ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 10:38:11 AM »
Welcome to the gang, fellas! Plott says you have the honor of shaking out the coon on the first coonhunt. If you haven't ever done that yet, give us a holler, or ol' plott can steer you as to how it's done.  O0  :) Just don't fall out of the tree, or you will land right on top of the scrap going on below!  :shock:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments