November 19, 2017, 12:40:02 PM

Author Topic: Gun I.D.  (Read 2187 times)

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
Gun I.D.
« on: August 01, 2006, 11:27:33 AM »
This is just a tip I came up with a few years ago. Long story but. For all your long guns remove the butt plate and put and old hunting license in the hollow area or a paper with your name on it. that way if ever your guns are stolen or lost you have a quick way to prove there yours.

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
Re: Gun I.D.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 11:35:26 AM »
 THAT 'S A GOOD TIP THANK'S.  ARE YOU COULD PUT LOW-JACK IN THE STOCK ( BEEP - BEEP  THEN SIT UP AND TAKE THEM OUT WITH THE RIFLE THAT WAS BEHIND YOUR TRUCK SEAT :twisted:)
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 11:48:44 AM »
That never crossed my mind, but that is one heck of a good idea. O0

You could even put something inside the grips of your revolver or auto-loader, if the grip panels are removable. 8)
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 12:22:17 PM »
That's a good idea 12 Ring.... O0  I might have to do that.... ^-^
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

BBF

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:51:07 PM »
 I second or third that, it also reminds me that some folks  that are prone to be in survival mode or location used to drill a couple of holes into the butt( wood of course) just big enough to put two or three cartridges in there just in case .

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 04:57:14 PM »
That never crossed my mind, but that is one heck of a good idea. O0

You could even put something inside the grips of your revolver or auto-loader, if the grip panels are removable. 8)

ahh wouldnt work for an auto the grips remove to a skeleton frame would bunch up with removal and replace of the clip. but that is a hell of an idea.. also a little thing i got from cyclegadgets.com they have a small in case of emergency self sticker they give them away one free a month, i have one in the wallet one in everything i drive so in case.........
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline sticker pt

• A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 05:21:53 PM »
lowjack man
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 03:28:27 PM »
ahh wouldnt work for an auto the grips remove to a skeleton frame would bunch up with removal and replace of the clip.

You could try etching something on the exposed frame once the grip is off....but then if you ever went to sell the gun it would still have your info on it.... ???
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 04:30:50 PM »
ahh wouldnt work for an auto the grips remove to a skeleton frame would bunch up with removal and replace of the clip.

You could try etching something on the exposed frame once the grip is off....but then if you ever went to sell the gun it would still have your info on it.... ???

duh just thought of it, clear tape to the back of the grip. that would work just right and removable also
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 07:31:07 PM »

duh just thought of it, clear tape to the back of the grip. that would work just right and removable also

You are very wise grasshopper.... O0

Facebook Comments