November 18, 2017, 12:29:44 PM

Author Topic: Boat carrying rack  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Good Time Ranger

Boat carrying rack
« on: April 27, 2004, 10:41:25 PM »
Not sure if this belongs here but I am trying to come up with an idea on how I could carry a Grumman Sport Boat on top of my 16' Crestliner fishing boat above me while going across the water.  Can anyone give me some ideas??  Thanks in advance.   :?:

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Boat carrying rack
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 06:24:03 AM »
Welcome to the board Good Time Ranger!!!!  I'll talk to some buds and see if anyone can come up with something for you  :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Boat carrying rack
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 06:54:41 AM »
Can you post pictures of each one of the boats?  That will give us a better Idea of how to work on it.

There's a Sticky in the Camp Talk forum about how to post pictures if you don't know how to.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Good Time Ranger

Boat carrying rack
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 10:02:28 PM »
Thanks guys for the help.  Kind of hard to post pictures at this time, my camera is in for repair.  The boat is a 1959 Crestliner regular v fishing boat 16' in length.  The Grumman Sport Boat is 15' in length and is just like a sqaure stern canoe.  Hope this helps.
I enjoy this site-it's a good one :D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Boat carrying rack
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 10:24:33 PM »
Glad to have you here!  Wish I could help you more on the boats, but I don't know a lot about them.  I need some pictures.  Once I see what you're dealing with, I could probably come up with something.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline john

rack?
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 09:01:47 AM »
have you tried simply towing it? i sail alot on the great lakes,i tow a dingy behind most of the time. a painter (the line that hooks the towed craft) should be long enough to allow you to manuver,but not so long as to casue a hazard to other boats.mines maybe 20 foot back.

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
Boat carrying rack
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 07:39:39 AM »
Tow it,unless there is a reason for it being on top of your other boat :?
Not Just Another Cracker !

Facebook Comments