October 23, 2017, 06:40:52 PM

Author Topic: Bought Two (2) New Compound Bows  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Bought Two (2) New Compound Bows
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:26:12 AM »
Well, I went and did it. O0 :twisted: :shock: :'( :-\ :-X :-[

I got Jake, my stepson, a new Fred Bear Instinct Compound Bow.  I just got the assembly work and tuning finished last night.  He fired it for the fist time last night and is consistantly hitting a 3" Circle at about 20 Yards.  You can't believe how thrilled he is, and I am too for that matter.

Bow Data: http://www.fredbearoutdoors.com/products/detail.tpl?Id=40

For myself, I finally decided to replace the old High Country Excaliber.  This morning, I faxed my order to Parker for a Hornet Compound bow.  I will have it in my hands sometime next week.  All I will need to do is buy arrows and broadheads, then practice.

Bow Data: http://www.parkerbows.com/parkerhornet.htm

Hopefully, the wife will not kill me when she sees the checking account balance. :shock:

Like our fearless leader, Gutpiles, I may need a place to stay for a while. ;D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 10:44:04 AM by Mad River »
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
Re: Bought Two (2) New Compound Bows
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »
Well, I went and did it. O0 :twisted: :shock: :'( :-\ :-X :-[

I got Jake, my stepson, a new Fred Bear Instinct Compound Bow. I just got the assembly work and tuning finished last night. He fired it for the fist time last night and is consistantly hitting a 3" Circle at about 20 Yards. You can't believe how thrilled he is, and I am too for that matter.

Bow Data: http://www.fredbearoutdoors.com/products/detail.tpl?Id=40

For myself, I finally decided to replace the old High Country Excaliber. This morning, I faxed my order to Parker for a Hornet Compound bow. I will have it in my hands sometime next week. All I will need to do is buy arrows and broadheads, then practice.

Hopefully, the wife will not kill me when she sees the checking account balance. :shock:

Like our fearless leader, Gutpiles, I may need a place to stay for a while. ;D

Congrats There Mad,

I have a cabin that you are more than welocme to stay in.... :twisted:  You may need to bring Jake along so he can put the meat on the table for the both of ya.   :twisted:   

Hitting 3" groups at 20 yards, thats a heart shot.... O0
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 10:57:31 AM »
remember its the dad that cant hit anything :-P
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 11:21:35 AM »
After looking at the Instinct, I like it..... I like it alot.... 

I like the parker as well.....

Good looking bows you got there Mad....  O0
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 11:35:35 AM »

Gander Mtn. is selling the Instinct package, which includes a two prong rest, 4 arrow quiver, and 3 pin fiber optic sight for $349.00.  Not a bad deal.  Plus, if you get the other accessories, string silencers, stabilizer, peep sight, arrows, etc., the will assemble and paper tune and size the arrows at no additonal charge.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 03:02:42 PM »

Gander Mtn. is selling the Instinct package, which includes a two prong rest, 4 arrow quiver, and 3 pin fiber optic sight for $349.00.  Not a bad deal.  Plus, if you get the other accessories, string silencers, stabilizer, peep sight, arrows, etc., the will assemble and paper tune and size the arrows at no additonal charge.

Always the salesman..... ;D
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 06:47:48 PM »
I'll take two just charge them to AB O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 07:11:02 PM »
remember even the best tools dont make a good mechanic. in other words yeah having a good bow helps but if ya cant shoot it it dont matter.... 
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 10:28:02 PM »
Good Job Mad.. Now you just have to drag yourselves down to texas to practice on some of the hogs here!! 
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 07:03:16 AM »
the Parker is sweet...I give my High Country about 5 years...then I'll be looking for a "sweet" bow myself...I am envious of that Parker, it looks nice...but I been leaning twords the "bowtech"...time will tell...that and the 'ole lady wont let me get another bow for awhile yet anyways... :'(
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Facebook Comments