October 18, 2017, 03:14:34 AM

Author Topic: Bought Two (2) New Compound Bows  (Read 3936 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: Bought Two (2) New Compound Bows
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 08:22:16 AM »
Good Job Mad.. Now you just have to drag yourselves down to texas to practice on some of the hogs here!! 

I wouldn't mind doing that at all. O0  Although, after my last boar experience, unless I am in a tree stand, I am taking a larger caliber lever gun. O0  Then again, if using dogs, I would consider using a spear. ^-^
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 08:28:14 AM »
the Parker is sweet...I give my High Country about 5 years...then I'll be looking for a "sweet" bow myself...I am envious of that Parker, it looks nice...but I been leaning twords the "bowtech"...time will tell...that and the 'ole lady wont let me get another bow for awhile yet anyways... :'(

I had a High Country Excaliber, which served me well in the time I had it, but after a few years of being stored in the attic, I think the heat killed it.  The Parker is a nice little bow, smooth drawing single cam, with a lifetime warantee.  Bowtech makes some fine looking bows, but I have never shot one.  Five years from now, I cannot even begin to imagine what compound bow technology will be like.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 08:33:59 AM »
remember even the best tools dont make a good mechanic. in other words yeah having a good bow helps but if ya cant shoot it it dont matter.... 

Good point, unless that was a jab pointed in my direction. ???

Believe me, if I didn't work part time at Gander Mtn., the bows I got for Jake and I, certainly would not have been from Bear and Parker.  We would probably have matching, bottom of the line, 2004 carry over bows from some no name company.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 09:46:12 AM »
remember even the best tools dont make a good mechanic. in other words yeah having a good bow helps but if ya cant shoot it it dont matter.... 

Good point, unless that was a jab pointed in my direction. ???

Believe me, if I didn't work part time at Gander Mtn., the bows I got for Jake and I, certainly would not have been from Bear and Parker.  We would probably have matching, bottom of the line, 2004 carry over bows from some no name company.

no accually it wasnt but since you had to ask if it was now it is... hahah  no i was being serious, if you dont get out and practice and learn how to use the thing, it is just a useless item. thats what i was accually meaning
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 11:27:51 AM »
Bought two bowtechs, a while back. One for the kid and one for me. They are awsome shooters. We don't have a Parker dealer here in Canada. Was looking at the Kodiak the other day and it looks like it could be a gooder too!

What type of Bowtech's did you get?  The Liberty?  I was considering the Liberty, which is now carried by Diamond Archery, who now carries Bowtech's older models: Liberty, Justice, and Victory.  I liked the Liberty, but didn't like the narrow handle or the funky looking noise suppression system.  I read an article in Outdoor Life where they rated a bunch of bows, the Liberty being one of them.  In the article, they tested the bows, by machine and by hand, for comfort, perfomance, noise levels, etc.  The funny thing about the Liberty was it tested poorly via the machine but was rated as a serious favorite by hand.  Many of the testers loved the bow and how it shot and felt, but were really surprised by it's true perfomance levels and noise generation.  Regardless, it ranked just behind the Parker Hornet, which also swayed my choice a bit.  The usual bows were at the top of the list, Hoyt Trykon, Matthews Switchback, and something from Rytera, came in third.

Facebook Comments