December 11, 2017, 12:14:52 PM

Author Topic: Ted Nugent friend or foe?  (Read 1340 times)

Offline XTEC

Ted Nugent friend or foe?
« on: August 13, 2006, 10:37:59 AM »
I have my beleifs in this I just want to know how everyone else feeels on this board.

Offline TopGunnr

Re: Ted Nugent friend or foe?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 11:29:35 AM »
Friend!!
He is very outspoken and a true extremeist. He scares people but for the most part he say's what everybody thinks and is affraid to say for fear of being riddeculed.
If you are not a fan read his books, you will be. If you are a hunter anyway.
Animals can have rights when they vote, until then they have the right to sit on my grill covered in bbq sauce!

Offline TopGunnr

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 11:34:19 AM »
I did not write this.........

I have been very fortunate to be able to tour off and on with The Nuge over the last couple of years and what this picture portrays is what I see at every concert and event. Thousands of people stand in line or wait for hours to hear his music or talk to him at a book signing and his compassion for his fans is amazing. He goes the extra mile for them.

This lady, confined to a wheelchair, was lucky enough to get a front row seat. Her eyes said it all when I saw her sitting and waiting to see the Nuge. When Ted saw her down in front he yelled for everyone to get out of the way and bring her up to the front of the stage. Ted was playing this song for her and he wanted her to know it.

She was crying and you could see Ted was moved. He knelt down to sing to her and she was reaching out to him. The stage was high and neither could get close enough, so without missing a lick The Nuge lays down on the stage and reaches for her hand. They touch, she cries, Ted keeps singing and talks to the crowd about how to deal with life. He dedicated his music to the individuals that have the will to persevere. We think we have it hard but the struggles of some are so much more.

I have witnessed many times Mr. Nugent's generosity over the years with greeting and signing memorabilia for hours on end, but I have never seen him reach out in the middle of a concert and touch the hearts of people like he did last night.
Animals can have rights when they vote, until then they have the right to sit on my grill covered in bbq sauce!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »
I gotta say friend. His hardcore enthusiasm is a little hard to take sometimes but you got to appreciate how much he stands to loose by not being politically correct. His rise to stardom would have been faster and maybe gone further had he not been so contraversial. He stands up and speaks out for what he beleives in! Many of the things he's gotten bad press for saying, are the samethings the rest of us are thinking. Things like "This is America, speak english", I work in retail and I can't tell you how many times aday I want to tell customers that.
 Or comments about the late, great Gary Garcia doing booze & drugs, he's dead and Ted's still here, or not understanding why people wanted to watch the Osbornes on T.V. and listen to Ozzie's drug induced brain damaged mumblings. Don't get me wrong, I love the music put out by the afore mentioned artists, but you can't argue with the truth. Gary's dead, Ozzie sounds braindamaged when he talks and drugs and booze did it.
 This man totally understands that right, wrong and politically correct are three entirely different things and for the most part, politically correct has little place in reality.
 Sure, he can be, and often is, percieved as rude, crude and perhaps socially unacceptable and a load mouth. But he has to be. He's speaking out for millions that either can't or won't speak out and take action for themselves, on topics that he is very passionate about.
 Sure his opinions and comments can be a bit harsh, but reality often is and in the end bad press is better than no press. At least the other side knows there's competition and not everyone will follow them into their fictional world of the politically correct.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 12:48:07 PM »
I of course support what the Nuge stands for. He's a tad overboard on his hunting show showmanship, but he has a heck of a lot of good points over bad.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 01:39:15 PM »
ted is nothing more than what your run of the mill peta members are, an extremist for HIS views nothing more nothing less, but he does get his views out there into the public. love him, hate him it dont matter you gotta give kudos to him for standing up for what he believes in. i dont agree with everything he says, but then again i dont agree with most people either, yes he has done good with other things, and he is one of the few that does at least TRY to give something back...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:00:31 AM »
I would have to say Friend....and one of a hunter/gun owners best friend.

He is one of the best supporters for our cause, he is wild and crazy, and as Morax said a little extreme....but hippie tree hugger news shows will book him thinking that he is going to be ignorant and just start blabing from his behind and then he shows up and they start to hound him with questions and he always has an answer and is always able to make a point.  I have seen this happen many times (and I love it) some it got to the point of where they just cut him off and ended the interview.

You gotta love that.... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 08:10:40 AM »
I saw Ted Nuggent play at out state fair on the "free stage" just hours before seeing Phil Lesh which I paid $30 for Phils show...I'll tell yea I'm a huge hunting enthusiast, and with Ted coming out on stage in camo pants and cut-off camo jacket & American flag bandana...it was so right...it was a beautiful day...beer was in hand, it was a good show...but the only thing I didnt like was the way he put down Jerry for dieing...since Phil was part of the G.D. ... I respect the both of them, they both pursued what they were emotional about... Ted, a hunter...Jerry was into drugs...true Jerry died, but we all die, and I think Jerry died as happy a life as he had ever known...

author=MOSPARKY link=topic=4586.msg28972#msg28972 date=1155484781]
I gotta say friend. His hardcore enthusiasm is a little hard to take sometimes but you got to appreciate how much he stands to loose by not being politically correct. His rise to stardom would have been faster and maybe gone further had he not been so contraversial. He stands up and speaks out for what he beleives in! Many of the things he's gotten bad press for saying, are the samethings the rest of us are thinking. Things like "This is America, speak english", I work in retail and I can't tell you how many times aday I want to tell customers that.
 Or comments about the late, great Gary Garcia doing booze & drugs, he's dead and Ted's still here, or not understanding why people wanted to watch the Osbornes on T.V. and listen to Ozzie's drug induced brain damaged mumblings. Don't get me wrong, I love the music put out by the afore mentioned artists, but you can't argue with the truth. Gary's dead, Ozzie sounds braindamaged when he talks and drugs and booze did it.
 This man totally understands that right, wrong and politically correct are three entirely different things and for the most part, politically correct has little place in reality.
 Sure, he can be, and often is, percieved as rude, crude and perhaps socially unacceptable and a load mouth. But he has to be. He's speaking out for millions that either can't or won't speak out and take action for themselves, on topics that he is very passionate about.
 Sure his opinions and comments can be a bit harsh, but reality often is and in the end bad press is better than no press. At least the other side knows there's competition and not everyone will follow them into their fictional world of the politically correct.
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 09:39:52 AM »
I also consider "The Motor City Mad Man" as a Friend to the Hunting & Fishing Community. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Bryan

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Kill it and Grill it.
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 09:54:03 AM »
I consider Nugent to be an asset in our fight to maintain our 2nd Amendment rights.  I consider Nugent to be an asset in our fight to maintain Hunting as an American Tradition.

I don't believe I've ever read or heard a Nugent opinion pertaining to 2A rights or hunting, and not shaken my head in agreement.  Mind you, I'm sure I haven't heard every sound-bite or read every publication which references Nugent.

He's a great debator.  He does not allow mindless emotionalism to infest a debate on 2A or Hunting issues.  He's articulate, and is able to get his point across effectively.

He understands freedom.  Most anyone in this catagory gets written down on my friend list right quick.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 09:56:06 AM by Bryan »
"Never shall innocent blood be shed,
yet the blood of the wicked will flow like a river...
For I shall spread my blackened wings...
and be the vengeful striking hammer of God."

Facebook Comments