November 17, 2017, 08:01:53 PM

Author Topic: *&$!#%#@** Release!  (Read 3907 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
*&$!#%#@** Release!
« on: August 13, 2006, 01:50:26 PM »
The bow rookie is back with another question for you:

I'm about to pull my hair out over my release.    :'(    I'm using a caliper release with a d-loop and 9 times out of 10, the release is hanging!!!!  I squeeze the trigger and click....................................................................   arrow still on the rest!   Is this something I'm being a bonehead about or is it something mechanical?   (insert scream here!  >:(   )

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
Re: *&$!#%#@** Release!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 02:10:54 PM »
GP,
usually, just behind the trigger, located up in the trigger housing, there is a set screw where you can adjust the tension of the trigger.  You may have to unscrew that screw and round the point of it off a little. I had a release that would hang up and the point of the screw was catching.

Check it out, that may be the prob....  :wink:

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:16:12 PM »
I think it will need some pressure adjustment.  But, when it opens, the string is actually hanging within the jaws.   :-[   

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 02:34:59 PM »
Try filing the jaws at an angle where the string can fit into. This way the string loop isn't hanging on the base of the jaw... Just file it at a 45 degree angle, just enough to create a groove for the string loop to fit into, between the jaws.  This will help keep the loop from hooking on the jaw.

You must be torquing the release aid and this is causing the loop to only hook on one jaw...

Just my opinion without being there looking at it while you shoot....    :wink:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 02:37:13 PM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 02:42:24 PM »
Thanks - I'll give it a try.   

I'm glad there's no one here watching me shoot!    ;D  Maybe I can make it up to novice before the eye witness ridicule begins!   ;D

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 03:50:04 PM »
Did that work for ya GP?

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »
i was gonna say from the sounds of it you were doing the same thing my kid was doing, torqueing to one side when you pull back.. use a little 400-500 grit sand paper to make sure there are no burrs inside the jaws of the release, and keep an eye on how you are holding the thing when you draw back..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 05:08:19 PM »
I think you guys were right.  I got hold of a different release (one with rounded edges) and had no problems at all.  As you guys said, I must be pulling the string to one side and causing it to hang on the flat edges of mine.  Wheeeeewwww.  I thought I was going to have to take my Robin Hood suit back, but now it's time to sling some sticks!!!  :twisted:

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 10:44:08 PM »
hmmm GP in green tights??? :'(
when in doubt shoot twice

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 11:50:26 PM »
hmmm GP in green tights??? :'(

You know Morax,  I was thinking the same thing.....   With all the pink camo and a$$less chaps talk, I think it's getting to our fearless leader...    :twisted:   ;D

Facebook Comments