November 21, 2017, 03:05:51 AM

Author Topic: Lost my varmint gun...  (Read 1511 times)

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
Lost my varmint gun...
« on: August 14, 2006, 07:56:14 PM »
I had a wonderful Savage model 12fv with the accutrigger and a Burris 4.5x14x42 that shot 1in groups....at 200yards.  Loved it, and only had it for about 3mo...  Now it is gone  :'(   

With it went my Savage .300WSM with the accutrigger and a Leupold VXII 3-9-40.  I loved this gun for long days in the field where weight was of concern after walking many miles.  It shot wonderfully and took some of my most memorable animals...  It to is now gone

They have gone to a new home in Missouri as part of a trade for my new bird dog...  It was a fair traid for all parties and the guy that got them was impressed with how I had the guns sighted in and how I provided him with groups from both guns at 100 200 and 300 yards.  I am one of those people that love to go shoot and fiddle with my guns and loads..like most of you are!  However, I really liked those two guns and I get attached to my firearms that have traveled with me and made lots of the memories that I enjoy reliving.  I have kind of broken my own creed by trading the two guns off for a dog...I have always made it a point to keep $$ that I put into my guns in my guns.  Meaning that if I sell a gun the $$ stays in the guns by buying something else.  It is an idealistic approach that doesn't always work, but this is the largest chunk that I have ever pulled out.  Over the last several years I have been downgrading the number of guns I own in order to purchase nicer firearms.  I have never had any hesitation to add more $$ to the gun fund, just to take it out.  Oh well.. Maybe Missy will enable me to make more $$ to put back into the fund in the future!
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
Re: Lost my varmint gun...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:30:46 PM »
Please everyone.....a moment of silence..................................................................we are all saddened by your loss AB......... :'(
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 10:17:38 PM »
AB i would of traded one of my dogs for your guns and you could have kept your cash
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 12:52:16 PM »
AB i would of traded one of my dogs for your guns and you could have kept your cash
Yep, trade that one you picked up on the corner, that poodle that is always raiding the local garbage heaps.  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D With a good sales pitch, you could have all AB's guns and cash!  ;D  ;D  ;D You could have told AB no trial hunt, or you would have to charge him a really decent price.  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D Just joking, you wouldn't do that.  Plott, sell AB that one you got tied up out behind the barn, that one with the buck teeth you got in Arkansas.  :wink: You know, the one you call your clown dog, the possum chaser. AB, that's too bad, having to give up such good guns. Especially since you know how good they shoot, too.  :'( If the dog lives up to his part, it should be a good trade, anyhow.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 12:33:35 AM »
That buck tooth dog got sent to an old old almost ancient indian :twisted: down in Burlington Iowa he said something about getting some more grit to his pack
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 01:07:00 AM »
That buck tooth dog got sent to an old old almost ancient indian :twisted: down in Burlington Iowa he said something about getting some more grit to his pack
  ;D  ;D  ;D Ya got me!  ;D  ;D  ;D He's gonna be the pack leader, huh?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments