October 23, 2017, 06:45:26 PM

Author Topic: The things we say  (Read 2706 times)

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
Re: The things we say
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 05:34:27 AM »
I hate to admit it but for awhile I would address everyone as Al. I do not know how this started but it took me awhile to break the habit. :)

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 06:27:16 AM »
one my father-in-law says is..."as worthless as tits on a bull"...or "hotter than a wet hen"...cracks me up when he says those kinda phrases... :)
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 10:14:47 AM »
I had some new and old phrases addressed to a hatchet face Friday. My wife and I were at the University Hospital at Iowa City Friday. I was outside having a smoke in an approved smoking station with some other folks smoking when an old hatchet faced PETA type nasty looking gal walked by upwind from us. About 50 feet past us, she turned around and started yelling at me about non smoking campus, etc. She was really out of it. I sent her scurrying away with her ears burning.  >:(  :twisted: I will bet her sorry a-- she doesn't hassle other smokers after that. I don't usually lose my cool on idiots, but she was an exception because she was yelling at me. I puffed a few more there while waiting for my wife, but the hatchet face hag non-smoker didn't walk by again. I was disappointed, I had some creative ideas for her if she wanted to continue the exchange.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »
How about, "Hold still, this won't hurt"!

last time i said that i ended up married :-\
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 03:03:56 PM »
One that i use alot is" sweating like a whore in church" or "shivering like a dog crapin tacks"
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 03:43:40 PM »
I like to use the one: Sweating like a virgin on prom night.....   O0
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 08:18:43 AM »
one I used to use, and occasionally do is: "off like a prom dress" when something comes apart easier than somebody thinks it will...
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2006, 09:51:25 AM »
one I used to use, and occasionally do is: "off like a prom dress" when something comes apart easier than somebody thinks it will...
I gotta remember this one!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 12:03:18 AM »
When this first came up, Nothing came to mind. But ever since I've been noticeing the odd looks from things I say.
 The other day a co-worker came to work and I told him now that he's here I gonna take a break and find something to eat "I'm so hungry,I could eat the south end of a north bound mule"! He looked quite puzzled and I could see him doing the math in his head. Then the look on his face was priceless.
 That's when I got to noticeing the looks and thinking about the  rather graphic sayings that have found their way into my vocabulary, some of which I have to be real careful not to let out in polite company. Many are courtesy of some "Good Ol' Boys from Texas" That I had the pleasure of working with when I was installing water wells.( the only pleasure of that job, except the boss bought the beer on friday).
 Here are a Few, keep in mind these are not just ones I heard but ones I actually use if I'm not careful.

Happier than a mule in a briar patch ( actually had to explain that one to my city-fied boss last week).

Shines like a ten cent piece in a billy goats a$$.

Rainin' like a cow pissing on a flat rock.

Skeeters big enough to stand flat-footed and (have his way with) a full grown turkey.

Joke'em if they can't take a .......( you can figgure it out from there)

Lifes too short to dance with ugly women.

That last one got me in trouble with the Mrs. I can't and won't take her dancing, so she kinda took it personal like. All I meant was, Life is short with a lot of time allocated to things I have to do, leaveing very little time for what I want to do. Why should I waste what little time there is remaining on things I don't enjoy doing?
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006, 07:55:40 AM »
Sept., '74. A pal and I were returning from a sucessful hunting trip from Minn. when my hunting pal asked me a question that I would have answered with "Yes". My reply was, "Does a bear sh*t in the woods"? Since then, I have heard it countless times around the country. I claim that phrase as my original invention.  :)

Facebook Comments