November 18, 2017, 09:00:13 AM

Author Topic: PETA activists drop their Web site monikers  (Read 1834 times)

Offline **Star**

• Rookie Club Member
PETA activists drop their Web site monikers
« on: August 15, 2006, 10:01:07 AM »
By MATTHEW JONES, The Virginian-Pilot
August 14, 2006

NORFOLK - For many, youth is punctuated by experimentation and adventure.

Roaming from job to job, perhaps with an extended backpacking trip in between. Growing beards. Piercing belly buttons.

Maybe even changing one's name to a Web site promoting animal rights.

Of the three employees at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals who changed their names to Web sites over the past several years, two have now returned to their given names.

"I think maybe its time had come and gone," said Karin Robertson, who, until last month, went by Gov eg.com.

It was fun while it lasted, they said, and got the word out about their causes.

Robertson initially led the way, changing her name to a PETA Web site in March 2003.

She'd been traveling with Lollapalooza and the Vans Warped Tour and wondered how much of PETA's message was sticking with people.

Around that time, a friend was changing her name back after a divorce and told her how simple the process was. That got Robertson thinking of a novel way to get people focused on animal rights and vegetarianism.

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=109193&ran=124671
So i guess he did change his name back.

I think it just makes them look even more stupid.Chris Garnett even went as far as saying he wouldnt change his name back till KFC met PETA's demands.Then what does he do a few months later.He goes and changes his name back on his own.Goes to show they are all talk. >:(

All was going well until recently, when Garnett applied for a passport and credit card in preparation for a family trip to Europe.

"Since Kentucky fried cruelty.com doesn't have a social security number, it became a big hindrance," he said. "From what I've been told, it's a real nightmare to go through the whole process."

So, in late June, the activist became Garnett once again, though he'd planned to keep the name for the campaign's entirety.

"It was a lot of fun," he said. "It's unfortunate I wasn't able to keep it the whole time."

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
Re: PETA activists drop their Web site monikers
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 12:05:38 PM »
That's great...... ;D

I wondered how long it would take for those morons to have to change their names back.... ;D
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline **Star**

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 09:42:58 AM »
This is a pic of the fruit loop.

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 04:56:28 PM »
i guess nobody told them the SS# follows the person not the name. once you change your name you take the court papers in and have all your other identification changed over to reflect the new name.. or so they told me when i entered witness protection.. oops shouldnt have said that...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 06:12:45 PM »
That buttclown looks like the type of loser we stuffed in lockers in highschool.

What ya' wanna' bet if he's not a total flammer, he's still a virgin?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Orion

• Applied for my club membership...
  • You've enough time to sleep when you're dead.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 09:57:08 PM »
That buttclown looks like the type of loser we stuffed in lockers in highschool.

What ya' wanna' bet if he's not a total flammer, he's still a virgin?

Hes not gay, but Lord knows he tries, he just likes a few other guys LOL. Oh and i doubt hes a virgin. Any self respecting PETA member has been in jail and rump-raided atleast once....
Be careful what you say to someone with nothing. Its almost like having it all.
-Todd Snider

We're All Here Cause We're Not All There.

Facebook Comments