November 18, 2017, 08:25:39 PM

Author Topic: First gun?  (Read 8210 times)

Offline **Star**

• Rookie Club Member
First gun?
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:41:03 AM »
Right now I'm living by my self and i personally think i would be a little more able to sleep at night with a gun in the house.I don't really live in a bad area but its also not the best in the world.Im mainly looking for something small and easy to use if needed.If possible also small enough to fit in a purse if i wanted to carry it.Right now i carry mase but ive heard it doesnt always work.

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: First gun?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 08:52:16 AM »
Get the Glock Model 26, in 9mm. O0  Here is the link...

http://www.glock.com/g26.htm
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline **Star**

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 09:34:45 AM »
Get the Glock Model 26, in 9mm. O0  Here is the link...

http://www.glock.com/g26.htm

Do you know if it has a lot of kick back?

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 09:59:34 AM »
I have the Glock 19 in 9mm and the kick is very minimal.  If anything, the muzzle flip may be a little more pronounced, but since you converted back to eating meat, I am sure you can handle it.

My wife who is 5"-10" and weighs about 135 (Am I allowed to provide that data?) can shoot it all day long with no trouble.  Then again, my wife enjoys shooting my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 Magnum Revolver with heavy loads.

Since you live in New York (?), I am sure you could locate an indoor pistol range that sells handguns.  Most of the time, these places will offer lessons, help you in making a selection, and let you test fire a few guns.

Personally, I wouldn't use anything less than a 9mm for personal protection.  If you can handle the recoil, which wouldn't be much greater then the 9mm, I would go for a 40 S&W.  However, being under-gunned is better than being un-gunned.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 10:05:21 AM »
But a 9mm lacks power so I would go with the .40 s&w if the  kick is the same.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 11:37:49 AM »
I got my fiance the Beretta 9000s in 9mm....check it out here

It's a nice compact little gun, but surprisingly she likes shooting me .40 Sig better.  The only problem with the Sig is it's a little too big for her hands. :'(  I actually don't mind shooting the little 9, it's kinda fun and it doesn't fit all that bad in my hand.
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 12:40:31 PM »
I got my fiance the Beretta 9000s in 9mm....check it out here

It's a nice compact little gun, but surprisingly she likes shooting me .40 Sig better.  The only problem with the Sig is it's a little too big for her hands. :'(  I actually don't mind shooting the little 9, it's kinda fun and it doesn't fit all that bad in my hand.
That's the sidearm we carry on duty, the Beretta 9mm. I would rather carry at least a .40 or a .45. Even small size ladies handle .40s and .45s well. Our female officers have no problem with the 9s, but yes, you should have better firepower than a 9mm. You could load up with some of the wicked self defence ammo for your 9, too. It's much more effective than the regular 9mm solid ball ammo. My daughter in law is a small gal, and she is pure deadly with a .45 in her hand.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 12:59:15 PM »
But a 9mm lacks power so I would go with the .40 s&w if the  kick is the same.

9mm lacking power? ummm no, the 9mms main problem was through and throughs. it would punch a clean little hole in and right back out.. the 40 packs a little more kick due to the slightly larger, thus heavier bullet.
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 01:03:43 PM »
ok for first gun, i would try to go with a wheel gun.. something like a 38/357 in a 4 inch barrel. it is light easy to shoot, recoil is not to bad, and it will stop someone threatening you. also i think the best arguement for a wheel gun over a semi is the fact of you have less moving parts to jam. i dont care who you are a fully loaded 45 is heavy. and if you are serious enough to carry the weapon, then you should be trained enough to hit the target, so why do you need the 15 rounds?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 02:35:08 PM »
ok for first gun, i would try to go with a wheel gun.. something like a 38/357 in a 4 inch barrel. it is light easy to shoot, recoil is not to bad, and it will stop someone threatening you. also i think the best arguement for a wheel gun over a semi is the fact of you have less moving parts to jam. i dont care who you are a fully loaded 45 is heavy. and if you are serious enough to carry the weapon, then you should be trained enough to hit the target, so why do you need the 15 rounds?

First off, she is going to need one heck of a big purse to carry a 4" Barreled 357 Magnum Revolver. ^-^

A Glock is one of t he simplest autoloading pistols on the market and is really light in weight. 8)

Why do you need fifteen Rounds you ask? Hmmmm...

More wounds, quicker blood loss, less time to reload, and it's more fun. :twisted:

Facebook Comments