how about a forum area for reloading/ammo

yes
12 (92.3%)
no
0 (0%)
you can reload?
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: new forum  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: new forum
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 11:04:06 PM »
moving it back up, i donno how many we need for GP to seriously consider a spot on its own so.....
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 03:50:55 AM »
Count me as a YES.  Used to do it as kid with my Dad.  Budgeting for the equipment and supplies at the moment.   As far as the $$ saving aspect goes, it's all relative.  Are you going to be able to load up that box of shells or cartridges for less than buying a new box?  Yes.  Will you be able to dial in that "perfect load" for your gun(s) or hunting/targeting needs?  And is THAT "worth" something??  Eventually yes, and Hell YES.  Now, are you going to have more $$ in your pocket at the end of the year?  Probably not, and for some of us HELL no!  Got to try this new recipe and see how it patterns; new shot or new bullet just came out - gotta try it....You get a few good loads dialed in and shooting becomes even more fun than it was before, SO you probably do it more often, so you spend more $$.

Now I know a couple of guys that have "settled down".  They load a few boxes of those loads they use for this, and a few boxes of those loads they use for that, etc.  Just enough to get them through a little preseason practice and the season itself.  They save $$.  Most I know GOT TO tinker a little, GOT to try this new powder, that new primer, this other bullet/shot.  They don't save any $$, but they sure have a lot of fun and to them it is worth it.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 12:14:27 AM »
 You only save money on a cost per shot basis. I know the kind of people AP reffers to. One guy got his 45 ACP down to about 4 cents a round but now he was shooting 500 rds a week through it alone, plus his other guns. It wasn't unusual for him to go through 2-3000 rds total a week. Reloading he could afford it, factory loads no way.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 02:50:17 PM »
What the heck - Let's give it a try:  :twisted:

http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ForumSMF/index.php?board=49.0

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments