November 18, 2017, 10:41:36 AM

Author Topic: It's Almost Here!!!  (Read 3449 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: It's Almost Here!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 12:11:44 AM »
 O0 O0 O0 O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 10:27:50 AM »
AWESOME, BC!  O0 5 shots, 5 head shot squirrels. I am not surprised!  O0 Look out squirrels, BC is back in action!  :twisted:  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 10:39:37 AM »
Good job there BC. O0  I guess you are in the lead with the most squirrels killed this year.  If I haven't said it before, I love the look of your rifle. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 10:56:06 AM »
If I haven't said it before, I love the look of your rifle. O0

It's a squirrel killing MACHINE!!!!!!! :twisted:  I couldn't ask for a better rifle.  It looks good, and is deadly accurate.  I just wish I could shoot as good at the gun can. :-\
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Bryan

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • Kill it and Grill it.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 10:59:06 AM »
BC -- is that a Marlin 917?  I don't own any 17 cal guns yet, but was turned on to the Marlin 917 by a friend.  It has a stainless action/barrel, and laminated stock and looks almost identical to the rifle in your picture.

I have decided the 917 is the .17hmr rifle I will purchase.  Probably pretty silly to ask you if you're pleased with yours... Looks like you enjoy shooting it very much!
   :)
"Never shall innocent blood be shed,
yet the blood of the wicked will flow like a river...
For I shall spread my blackened wings...
and be the vengeful striking hammer of God."

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 11:13:09 AM »
Actually, mine is the 17VS, the predecessor of the 917.  The only bad thing about the Marlins is the trigger.  They're decent triggers, but if you want 1 hole groups, you need to replace the trigger.  I put the Rifle Basix trigger in it and have it set at about 1.5 lbs.  Mine has the laminated wood stock, the heavy barrel, and the stainless satin finish.  All of that, and it's topped with a Simons Aetec 3.8-12 x 44 scope (with the sun shade on the end).  During the "off season", I've got a Harris bipod that I attach onto it. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 11:42:45 AM »
BC is the killing machine, the rifle is only a tool.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline wirwin

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 07:20:34 PM »
Man I can't wait, I'm gettin a pellet gun soon since the public hunting land doesn't allow rifles.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2006, 10:48:50 PM »
Here's the "end result" of the weekend of squirrel hunting. :twisted:  I took the picture the other night, but haven't had time to post it up here at home.

In case you're wondering, the little bag at the bottom is the hearts, livers, and kidneys from the squirrels.  Blame John Andrews ( damn Indians..... >:( ).  He made me start feeling bad about not keeping the stuff from the squirrels.  Made me feel like I was wasting stuff for not keeping them. :-  I guess he was right too, because off of 5 squirrels, you can see how much stuff there is there. O0

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:52:29 PM by Big58cal »

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2006, 11:03:03 PM »
Good  "huntin"!!   O0  Our season won't open til Sep 30.  Sure has been a long off season for me and the little dog.
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Facebook Comments